Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fotos, Finally...& My 40th.

Last week on Sept 15th, we went to the open house at Addie's new school. Addie introduced her teacher (the adorable Mrs. Bunkers) to Niles.James & Ava Petry busied themselves around the class room...


Cute little kindergarteners!


Addie showed us all her cool stuff.




The night before we had loaded up at the farmer's market, so we had the most beautiful organic stir fry--YUM!




But we weren't ENTIRELY healthy--for the first time in a LONG time, we made crab rangoon!




Niles & James had fun watching




Addie's our chef!




Niles took a bath with James the other night--James thought that was so fun.




MMMMM, clean snuggly boys!



***



On Saturday, I celebrated my birthday. The night before, Rich had a scout campout, so we had a girl date with the Petry girls--we went out for Mexican food and came home to have a dance/movie party (and stayed up til 11!!!).



In the morning, the girls gave me a "breakfast dance party"



(note my "shower" of birthday cards hanging there over the window--thanks everybody!)




Rosalie (my MIL) took the girls at 9am and they came home with this cake for me--so cute! Just as they were leaving, Rich & James came home from camping and brought my big birthday surprise: A NEW GUITAR. Now I get to learn to play it!







Me & the kids & the cake








Heidi insisted on letting this balloon go to "remind [my] grandpa in heaven that it's [my] birthday." Pretty cute.






After some Saturday chores, I went and got a hair-do, then we met the Melin clan at The Rib & Chop House for dinner. It was great as usual.




Uncle Jess is here on business from California, so only Mark was missing of the sibs.




Me & my James



Lots of blondies on this end of the table!






After dinner, Mom Melin & I went to the Women's Broadcast at the church, then came home to eat a piece of cake and watch a Nirvana 1991 concert commemorating the 20th anniversary of Nevermind. Yeah, that sealed it. We're old. Also, I like Dave Grol way better now.



***




Lastly, Niles wore 2/3 of his spanky Sunday outfit from Uncle Sam & Aunt Kristen to church today. The nice corduroy pants are still a little big, but the shirt & vest sure are handsome.




Thanks for a great birthday, loved ones. I hope Auntie M and Abby had a great day, too. xo

***

Also, the past week I helped Addie & Heidi makeover their blogs so have a look...ADDIE & HEIDI

1 comment:

Aim said...

Oh Jamie!! Your hair is adorable! Love it love it! Happy Birthday to you! I was so sad it didn't work out for us to come down but I want you to know that we thought of you and I am working on Matt to take us over there for Conference Weekend! Hope the invitation still stands. Matt has to work but he's going to try and request it off tonight. We'll let you know what the boss man says. If we do make it, what can I bring to help with the festivities? Maybe some chips and ma homemade salsa? Or there is a recipe for Creme Brulee French Toast I've also been wanting to try out.... Lemme know! I'm glad you had such a great day! Love ya!

Amie

ps- should I bring my guitar so we can jam? Maybe pick up some Nirvanna sheet music? haha.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...