Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Help, I've Fallen Off the Blog Wagon & I Can't Get Up

I am having the hardest time blogging with my angry baby lately. Everything has slid to the back burner for a full month while he has battled his ear infections, allergic reactions, teething, general hyperactivity, and the bonks and owies that go along with new found mobility. Oh, yes, he started crawling over a week ago, and it wasn't but a few days later he was standing and scooting around furniture. My world crumbled and I am scrambling to baby proof everything again in light of Niles' overachievement (WHY does my last baby have to be the one who does everything earliest when I want him to stay a baby the longest? WHY?!). I have lived in a sleep-deprived daze this whole month, so these photos are a hodge-podge of weird times I remembered to pick up the camera. Here goes... On New Year's Eve (which I still need to blog, hello), Niles slept in the corner of the upstairs king room like this. It was awesome.



Niles tried Ramen Noodles and loved them. Actually, it's a love-hate relationship because he loves them, but it's so hard to get them in his mouth that he usually ends up literally SCREAMING AT those noodles.




Nom, nom.
***
Back on the 12th, I was cleaning house BIG TIME getting ready from Grandma Lyn to come back and stay with us. I put Niles in his walker so he could scoot around and follow me, to his delight. But then when I started dinner, he disappeared for a few minutes. He had made his way into the back bathroom, and this is what I found:
flower bucket dumped? CHECK.
toilet paper unrolled? CHECK.
towels pulled off racks (not pictured)? CHECK.
These antics earned him the much-deserved title of HEIDI JUNIOR!
Same day, James and a free banana from Albertson's
***

Friday, January 13th we drove down to Utah to pick up Grandma Lyn at my mom's house. On Saturday, my sibs and cousins came over to celebrate her birthday EARLY with a surprise party.

Here's my cutie hubs with Gram after a yummy enchilada dinner and a delicious Costco cake.


pretty cake for pretty gram



Addie & Niles at Nana's back door.



sweet little chappy cheeks!


Cousin Brent taking pictures of James & Niles on my lap at Nana's house



Owen and James had fun trying to make Gavin (not pictured) and Niles laugh.
(my bro Sam is in the background there)



Here's Heidi with my cousin she calls Uncle Brent, and my sis Abby. They are showing off their black chucks (they all have the same shoes). Brent's amazing wife, Autumn, is hiding behind Heidi there, which is a shame because she is radiantly lovely and 7+ months pregnant with dear baby Ruby. Autumn had seen me earlier that day and worked her Massage Dimensions magic on my broken arm ("It's your thumb," she said confidently as she proceeded to chase the pain right up my arm and out my chin and scapula. "The thumb is a part of a large system, and when it gets out of whack, it hurts all the way up to your neck--are your neck and sternum bothering you, too?" I was stunned, as I'd been having a hard time swallowing the past 2 days. And it was all because of MY THUMB?) She is A. MAZE. ZIIING! If you hurt and it's not going away, she's your fixer, I swear. Plus she has this cute husband and son, and soon, a daughter!



Nana gave James some soap crayons, so he had fun in her tub that night.



Drawing Dinos (of course)



***


We had planned to stay in Utah until Monday afternoon, but the weather reports had a huge winter SNOWPOCALYPSE passing through our path Sunday night and we didn't want to travel through that storm nor its aftermath. So we SADLY packed up our stuff and left early Sunday morning. We got home in the evening in time for dinner, just as it started snowing again in Livingston, and enjoyed a quiet MLK Day at home watching the snow. When I took the kids to school on Tuesday, it was so windy, the snow was blowing off the mountains making all the air so sparkly like this:





That white mist is actually blowing snow and it was magical.



***


Heidi Junior/ NILES learned to stand up in his crib. Here he is yelling at me while I laid and read with James on James' bed--jealous much, stinker?








Such a cutie punk



Speaking of cutie punk, sometimes he makes a huge mess at dinner and goes right into the sink with the dishes.



It's fun in 'ere.



Addie with Niles



Finally captured ANGRY BABY FACE...love it.



Look at all the yum we got for $15 from Bountiful Baskets this week. We are quite enjoying that program, but I miss the bread this week!



Last but never least, here are my two boys snugglin'. So sweet.



***


I will FINALLY post some New Years pix later this week, as well as a few shots of Gram's Birthday celebration on Monday. She really appreciated the calls and cards you sent--THANK YOU for making her day special. See ya!


1 comment:

Peg Lewis said...

Loved it! You are a courageous woman to take on a blog and a babe, especially a monster-babe who thinks he's a big kid like those other ones he lives with! Especially a cat-like babe who leaves the bathroom looking as though it had been catted! It was sweet to have a view of how life used to be. You don't exactly make me miss it, but just a little bit.... I hope you put this away on permanent media for his wife to enjoy in, say, 25 years! Thanks for going to all this trouble for a 'stranger'!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...