Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012, Melin Style

This is not an update, I don't have time for catching up right now, but here is TODAY. Happy love day to everyone!Valentine's Breakfast by Daddy this year...




banana-nutella and strawberry-cream crepes!




Heidi, Addie, Mommy, James




My baby-with-m&m-eyes in Rich's old walker from Germany.
He's like a crash test dummy in that thing, running all over the upstairs like a hurricane!

Daddy with the kids before school this morning
Heidi, Addie, Daddy, James

"Stained-Glass" cookies for my lovies to eat at lunch time

***

When the kids left at 8am, I fed Niles and cleaned the kitchen up. At 8:40am, I put Niles back to bed and ripped open 2 cake mixes and started baking 48 mini cupcakes and 24 regular cupcakes, racing to finish before the baby woke up.


Chocolate mini cakes for James' class


Awesome secret weapons: A cereal box repurposed as bakery box (tape it closed, cut open one side) and aerosol frosting. OMGoodness, that frosting in a can makes cupcakes SO MUCH EASIER!






Red Velvet cupcakes for Heidi's class



(Addie also got 2 dozen regular size cupcakes for her class)



*I don't mean this as a brag because, let's keep it real, I'm no super mom--I'm often grumpy, ungroomed, scatterbrained, my house is a mess, and my kids don't do extracurricuar things mostly because I'm unorganized and broke and impatient--so please dont think this is THAT kind of blog*






I took a picture of the clock to prove that I made 72 cupcakes--from box to icing--in less than an hour! WOO HOO!



Earlier this month for Family Night we made a garland of "Things the make our hearts happy" cut from magazines. I really love it--there's even a heart from Gram on there!




Oh, PS, back on the 4th we got a free piano (more on that later). Here is is holding our valentines.



Happy Valentine's Day!



P.S: A poem for today


[say what you want about this sonnet from Shakespeare being over-used...it's beautiful because it's true, and I come to know it's truth more every year as what little beauty and health I started with fade away and yet the love between me and my sweetheart grows--it doesn't alter when it alteration finds--and for that I am deeply humbled and grateful and happy this day!]

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.


PPS: Scriptures for today


"A new commandment I give unto you that ye love one another as I have loved you."



No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...