Saturday, May 26, 2012

Last Day in Utah

Last week (may 21-25) I took Grandma Lyn back to Utah so she could get ready to go home to Arizona (because Aunt Marti & Uncle Ralph only have ONE MONTH left in Ukraine!) . I had a good visit with my mom and her family Monday night thru Tuesday morning, although most of us were under the weather. I was supposed to drive home on Thursday, but I was just too tired and sickly to get ready to go. I took one more day to rest and drove up to spend some time with my brother Sam and his family. Ironically I didn't get any pictures with Sam because he is a busy daddy with work all day and bishopric stuff in the evening. But we still managed a good visit, and I loved hanging out with his wife and boys! We met up at temple square and went to the Children's Area of the Church Museum of History & Art. The current exhibit is about Latin American culture, and there are other activities with a Book of Mormon theme. My "cousin-in-law" Lacy Mayberry and her girls came, too, and it was fun to see them before they move to El Paso.
Gavin and Niles, twin cousins who both turned one this month, enjoying the mirror in the dancing area.

Penelope ("Peeps") and Lucy learning Ballet Folklorico
(they have an interactive instructional video AND costumes! So dang fun!)
This should come in handy in El Paso.

Gavin and Niles checking out a bike.

I love this picture of all the kids in a toy truck. Gavin and Owen (my nephews) are driving and Lucy, Peeps, and Niles (eating a plastic carrot from the play garden) are in the back. Such a classic picture (I wish we could see Lucy better, though).

This is Nephi's ship (where you can help build or fish off the side) and the Liahona in the display case.

Niles harvesting the play garden.

Three Mamas: Kristen, Me, and Lacy.

Lucy & Owen examine the bike.

Peeps giving a general conference address.

After we said good bye to the Mayberry girls, I followed Kristen home to Tooele. We rested, had dinner, and played out back with the boys. They were just too cute, I grabbed my camera.

Layton Boys on the move.

Fantastically spazzy jumpin' picture of Owen.

Gavin climbing the slide.

Owen's cute little turned-out feet, just like his daddy's!

Trying to get Niles to slide.

I wish I'd made a video of this...the little boys were just giggling and giggling under the trampoline while Owen teased them from the top. We had a really nice time with Laytons--got the boys to bed around 8pm, visited for a couple of hours, had a decent night's sleep, and yummy breakfast all together, then hit the road around 7:30am. I was home when my kids got home from school that day and they were jealous they missed Owen & Gavin. We'll go back later this summer, though, and it will be great. Cousins rule.

1 comment:

Jill Petersen said...

I love the picture of Owen's turned out feet!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...