Saturday, August 03, 2013

House Update (it's already different from these pix, sorry)

Thursday night I went to touch up paint at the house. I painted down the stairs so rich could stain the wood along the sides. I painted my kitchen door, which was just primed white. I tried to find all the nicks and thin spots, but it was pretty dark. Have a gander.
This is how the great room looks from the front door.
 I can't wait to see the flooring all clean and shining because I love it!

Down the stairs,  in front of the front door.
They will be carpeted soon.

A not-so-awesome picture of the kitchen cabinets and counters.

Another blurry picture of the kitchen sink area and the fun light fixtures.

Our bedroom door from the garage entry/mudroom.
I like our thermostat hanging from its wire, still in its package.
Note also the whole-house fan in the ceiling and the fancy doorbell
in the upper right corner. It does the Westminster chime.

The guest bathroom getting put together. I hardly know what to do
going from zero linen closets to three big ones. There is one in each bathroom
and one in the hall!

We got an amazing deal on granite vanity tops with integrated sinks,
 so I got a color that is darker than I had in mind but it was about 30% of the price.
I'm easy like that, lol.
Anyway, we are obviously a week or so behind. We probably won't get inspected til around the 15th, but I'm cool with that. I am grateful things are coming together well and they are taking time to do things right. I am starting to clean out the rental. It feels so good to throw stuff away and pack up and know we are almost done playing Little House on the Prairie!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...