Sunday, February 16, 2014

FAMILY LETTER 02.16.14

Dear Loved Ones:

Wow, what an amazing week this has been! Niles and I hung out with Baby Maren all week, the whole family endured the schizophrenic weather, and we celebrated Valentine ’s Day, a reunion, a baptism, and a mission farewell.

On Monday night, we had a fun Family Night making Valentines for grandparents and had yummy brownies made by Addie.

On Tuesday I went to Relief Society where we learned about freezer meals and made SIXTEEN dinners to freeze and deliver to all expectant moms in May. It was a good reminder that I should start doubling up and freezing family faves for when our baby arrives. Problem is we eat so much fresh food now, it’s hard to pass off casseroles and stuff with the kids, but I think I can come up with some good stuff. Addie came to the meeting, too, to babysit in the nursery. We had a good time.

Wednesday Rich had scouts and Addie had a fun multi-ward activity in Bozeman where she had swing dance lessons and learned the jitterbug. Our ward scout leadership changed this week (Aaron Roberts got a new job in Billings but is staying in the ward, so he can’t scout master anymore), but Rich is still the 11-year old leader…Mister Constant, 7 years and counting. Since dad and the girls are usually gone Wednesday night, the boys and I have a tradition: they have baths, then we all snuggle on my bed and watch Nature and Nova. This week was really cool; we learned about animals and the houses the build and then about how they built the dome in Florence, Italy with brand new technology: herringbone-style brick laying.

Thursday we finished up Valentines preparations making sugar cookies and dipping cake pops (cake pops: delicious but disastrous; only half of them made it thru the dipping process cuz we made them a little too big). We also did some serious cleanup in preparation to host the Westenskow family over the weekend. They have been with us since Saturday morning for Jordyn Yarborough’s farewell and we have had a blast.

Friday Rich got up early and made us a full breakfast of heart-shaped waffles with cream and strawberries, eggs, and bacon. Then he handed out Valentines to all of us and we sent the kids off to school with their bags full of goodies for their friends. Niles, Maren, and I went up to the church for a little pre-schoolers/toddlers Valentines party in the gym. The kids had snacks and played and exchanged Valentines til noon. It was a fun outing. The big kids came home from school with tons of fun treats and cute Valentines for us. Rich saved our romantic date for Monday (tomorrow) when we celebrate our 13th anniversary on President’s Day.

Saturday we went to Jordyn Yarborough’s Mission Farewell Open House, then an hour later came back to the church for Curtis Denniston’s baptism. Both events were edifying and fun. We are so excited for Jordyn, me especially, since she is serving in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

 Today’s church meeting was just beautiful. The building was full with all the Denniston’s visitors and Jordyn’s visitors. Jordyn spoke, along with Robyn Tyner and Colton Carter—they all gave great talks. I led the choir in a beautiful number called “Here I Am.” I will include the lyrics since it really captures the missionary spirit we have been feeling lately. I am suffering from a little mission envy, knowing all the great experiences awaiting Jordyn and the Heaps and mom and dad. At the same time, I know I am on my own mission, raising my own little missionaries, sharing the gospel in a different way. It’s wonderful to be a part of it all, and to have the best companion to serve with!

HERE I AM  by Daniel Schute

I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in deepest sin my hand will save
I who made the stars of night I will make their darkness bright!
Who will bear my light to them? Whom shall I send?

CHORUS: Here I am, Lord! Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have borne my people’s pain.
I have wept for love of them—they turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone; give them hearts for love alone.
I will give My Word to them. Whom shall I send?
[Repeat CHORUS]

I the Lord of wind and flame, I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them, my hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide til their hearts be satisfied
I will give my life for them. Whom shall I send?
[Repeat CHORUS]

We hope you all have a great week. New Jersey Melins—good luck with all that snow! We got a foot today, but the sun was out in the late afternoon, so who knows what tomorrow holds? We love you all so much and are so grateful for a loving and faithful family on both sides. We feel so blessed and love these good times spent with family and friends. We look forward to hearing about all of you cousins soon! G and G Melin, you’re in our prayers and we loved our Valentines letters with all the visitors’ center stuff. You are going to have great experiences!

Happy Birthday to Sammy Post, Papa Post, and Owen Layton this week!

Love, Rich, Jamie, and Family


Heidi, Jared W, Lydia W., Hailey W., Jillian W, and Addie
at Jordyn's Open House photo booth.

Niles MUSTACHE you a question...

Making Valentine and eating brownies for FHE.
     

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...