Tuesday, September 23, 2014

For The Beauty of the Earth


This evening I left the house for 25 minutes and experienced so much beauty in that short time, I just had to write it down.

 First, as I drove from my house down 5th street, across the railroad crossing and down the old part of the street where the tall trees make a canopy, leaves began to fall and twirl before my car like snowflakes on the wind. Bright yellow and deep burnt orange leaves swirled with hot red ones in the air. Hundreds of leaves at a time would gust and dance as I drove in amazement. The warm magic of fall never gets old for this Arizona girl.

 
A few minutes later, dark clouds blew across our valley and thunder clapped above me. Rain fell lightly and intensified the colors all around. I crossed a footbridge over Fleshman Creek and watched the fall leaves and raindrops on the water, just in awe of the beauty of my town.

 
 

After my errand, as I arrived at my car, I noticed how quickly the dark clouds were blowing away and the sun was reappearing. I looked up to see a double rainbow arching perfectly over Livingston and Livingston Peak. It was almost ridiculous how vivid and lovely the retreating storm looked as I faced east. I drove home facing west, as the last few straggler clouds floated past a beautiful sunset.

 


I pulled up to my house after less than a half hour away and felt refreshed and renewed by the beauty around me, ready to take on bedtime with almost no grumpiness on my part.
 

“Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.”
 
 
 "Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.”   -Lauren De Stefano
 
I am a fan of fall.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...