Sunday, December 10, 2017

Babies Change the World

This is a picture of me with Adeline on November 21, 2001, just after she was born in Utah. I am talking on the phone to my Grandpa in Arizona and he is telling me my world will never be the same..."Isn't it wonderful!?"
Adeline at 3 weeks old


Adeline received her Patriarchal Blessing tonight and it was like nothing I have ever heard. The counsel was so direct and so powerful, we were completely moved and overwhelmed by the words and the Spirit in the room. I was so humbled to have given birth to this young woman who is promised such great opportunities and blessings, I was almost overcome--I was ugly-crying and felt I might just melt in my chair.

As we drove home, I thought of another mother who heard about what opportunities and blessings would come to her baby--some of them daunting, most of them glorious, and how she must have felt as He progressed toward his destiny. What a holy gift it is to raise up a child! And how exciting to be on the front lines at the very end of the fullness of times! How wonderful that my baby (babies) will help HER baby finish His work! I thought of this quote:

"When God wants a great work done in the world, or a wrong righted...He doesn't stir up His earthquakes or send forth thunderbolts. Instead he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in the simple home of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother's heart, and she puts it in the baby's mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not earthquakes and thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies."
- E.T. Sullivan (The Treasure Chest, 1965)



My baby is growing up to be an amazing woman.


No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...