Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Addie Funnies

Addie is starting to have a really active imagination and it's so much fun. I thought I'd better write some of her funnies down, even though some of these are "old" ones.

When I taught her to sing "You Are My Sunshine" last year, she would always say, "Oh, I sorry mom--here's your sunshine!" at the end. It took me a while to realize she was reacting to the last line, "Please don't take my sunshine away." She would pretend to gather up something from mid-air and hand it to me--here's you sunshine.

She is learning about death and the permanence of our family, too. She started saying, "I want a new mommy," when I reprimanded her and I told her, "You only get one mommy, so you'd better be nice to me!" Now she has translated that to Heidi.

She and Heidi were playing on the bed, just giggling and being silly, and Addie said, "Mom, I don't want my Heidi to get died. We have to take care of her and be nice to her."

I tried not to giggle and I said, "Yes, Honey. We have to take care of sister because she's a special part of our famiy, just like you."

"Yeah...we can't get a new Heidi. There is only one Heidi so we have to take care of her."

Yeah. Something like that.

I'm off to VOTE! Yeeeehaw!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...