Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Exercising Our Rights

We went to vote today before 8 am and I decided to take Addie (better instill civic responsibility early, right?). On the way down the stairs (out of the blue mind you--I haven't tried to politicize my kid) she said, "Mom, Bush loves me. George Bush will take care of me." WHAT!?! Even I wouldn't have taught her that! I might have said George Bush will protect us or George Bush believes in freedom, but nothing personal like that. What a cutie. She gave the lady who gave us the "I Voted" sticker a sucker.

At dinner, we ate Short ribs and Bush's baked beans, just like we did in 2000, and bread and butter. Addie stuck her elbow into her butter and cried, "Oh my gosh! Hey, can somebody lick this for me?" Oh, man, that was a funny one.

Ad had a late nap, so it's just me-n-her, coloring a map of the US with red and blue pencils, happy with all of Montana's election results.

Rock on...

PS: The kids from Floggin Molly emailed me today--they're so fun. Turns out "Ellen" is "Helen" so I change it in the entry.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...