Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Little Bit More Crazy

If I was going crazy back home, I have officially arrived there. What's my definition? TEN KIDS UNDER 6 in about 1200 square feet of space. Um, yeah--not exactly a "Calgon" moment--EVER. Thankfully, I am actually "staying" at my sister's mother-in-law's spare basement apartment, which is dark and quiet at all times, but my girls hate it there. They scream and they cry for their dad. So we hang out here at COUSIN CENTRAL and endure the joyful ruckus.

Speaking of crying, Heidi goes into to total freak-out mode when she sees Aunt Amy! (not AMIE--Auntie Polka Dots; AMY, my sister) If Amy even walks through the room, Heidi goes bonkers. Funny, but also kinda sad.

I miss my husband sumthin fierce (especially when the girls cry for him at night) but I am excited to shop for house stuff here and hang with my sibs.

I don't have any fun travel tales to tell because we have mostly just been wrangling kids and continually doing laundry and dishes. Oh, but there is this tidbit: I left my debit card in Bozeman when we bought breakfast on Monday morning (and didn't notice until I had driven 200 miles to the south end of Island Park, Idaho), so I had my dad meet me in Pocatello to fill up my gas tank (thanks, dad!) and kept on truckin. I haven't had any money so I have really been homebound, which I am sure gives Rich some peace of mind. But it sucks for me cuz my bro had to spot me for stamps and sippy cups and I have to mooch food off my sister. That's what family's for I suppose, but I will be happy when the card arrives tomorrow.

Right this minute, my sister whose house this is, is at the store with my wisdom-toothless brother picking up his pain meds, my girls are wrestling in the Pack-n-Play here next to me, and My bro Will and his wife Audrey (who are STILL waiting to move into their new house) are wrangling the other kids and cleaning up their Mac-n-Cheez dinner. A snapshot of our glamorous Utah vacation.

1 comment:

Jill Petersen said...

I have endured the last 5 days just thinking happy thoughts and wishing I were in neverland were I wouldn't have to grow up and be the nanny! It is going okay, because I love all my neices and nephews and even thought I would probably choose something else to do with my time, I love to help out and I love my family! it is nice to have you here and I am sorry if it has been crazier then you hoped.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...