Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dreams Stay with You

I officially curse Crazy Mountain Cabinetry with all manner of disease and misfortune for (a) measuring for countertops on May 7th and again on May 28th (b) promising them in 2-3 weeks BOTH times (c) promising them on July 11th, then July 12th, and now July 13th. CMC, YOU SUCK!! That’s all we are waiting for to make our house liveable.

On a happier note, I did my first load of wash at the new house last night! WOO HOO! Shout out to my mom in law for getting our washer and dryer (which my SIL had been using) tuned up and freshly painted—they look GREAT and we appreciate your help, Mom and Dad M!

When Richard and I work on the house together in the evenings, we crank up the tunes and listen to old mix CDs or Flogging Molly. Last night , we were listening to a mix called “Road Rock,” made for a roadtrip, with lots of Foo Fighters and other rockin’ songs. Big Country’s (you remember the 80’s one-hit-wonder Scottish band with bagpipes) “In A Big Country” came on while I was caulking…I had to do some highland dancing.

“I’ve never seen you look like this without a reason
Another promise fallen through, another season passes by you...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime


In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside--Stay alive”

My "dream" is to LIVE in this house we have built with our own hands (and those of our family and friends at times), but it has been like growing flowers in the desert. And SO many promise have fallen through and seasons have passed by us, but alas, we keep on truckin’ yall. And the end is in sight. **SIGH**

Wait til I tell you WHY I had to do laundry last night—you will marvel that Addie is still alive. More to come…

2 comments:

Carla said...

Have you reported a complaint with the Better Business Bureau? If they are truly that bad, I would if I were you! I hope things are better for you here on out.

Laura said...

YAY!!!!! And by the way, I love that song. I am so happy for you guys. WOO HOO!!!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...