Wednesday, July 20, 2005

ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY: 20 July 1993...

My cute nephew, Cody Oslin, was born after his mom had been in labor for like 11 days or something. I was right in the middle of my mission, serving in Rockingham, NC with Sister Wood. It was probably the best month of my mission (even though it was hot and muggy and hurricane-y), topped off with a cute new baby! I wanted to see "Code-Man" so bad, but it would be another 9 months until I came home and spent a few weeks with the boy.

One of my sweetest homecoming moments was a few days after I came home, I was watching Cody and I put on a children's CD and laid down on the couch with him. He fell asleep on my chest, humming the song to himself, and that's the moment I decided that I did want to be a mommy afterall.

So HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY, CODY!!! I'm moving, but I'll try to find a good picture to post today, hopefully a picture of your GIANT BABY NOGGIN!

PS: Supreme Court Justice nominee John Roberts reminds me a lot of Elder Bednar, in that he is very young, handsome, and in for a looooong term of service. Good choice, although I will miss my even-handed, level-headed, fellow Arizona girl, Sandra D.

2 comments:

Carla said...

That was a great month, wasn't it?! I loved coming in during the afternoon "monsoons" to catch a siesta and listening to the rain. Remember pulling double-duty with Pinehurst area? Pres. was wise in spliting us up after just 5 weeks-having too much fun. But, then again, we ROCKED!

cmhl said...

happy birthday! we need pictures!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...