Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Get the Boyfriends Straight

My sister Laura emailed me, trying to get my old BFs straight, so here are some pix I just happen to have found this week while unpacking. This first one is Robert, aka Rabbit--that's what Larkin called him because Robert and I used to babysit Larkin and Candace all the time and Larkin loved Robert. I met him in PE class at Rincon, even though he went to UHS. I would run laps behind him, thinking he was so cute behind his big ol' glasses, but SOOOO shy, plus, I was still kinda with A1 at the time. But when A1 moved to Tempe and I got over it, Robert was there to rock my junior year.


The following picture is of B (who was my boyfriend for a while in 9th grade, whatever that means in 9th grade), A1, and Andy--they were all SK8 friends and I loved 'em all. Of course the best part of this picture is (a) the kitchen wallpaper and the yellow phone and (b) my brother MATT--yes, that's little 6-year-old MATT crashing another one of my parties!












This last picture is of Robert, my little sis Laura, Robert's friend Wade, and my other sis, Lisa, at a stake dance in 1989. I will comment later on the wealth of 80s fashion information one can glean from this photo, but for now, Laura, this should help you. My apologies to whomever this post happens to embarass.


7 comments:

Jamie said...

Four Words:

High Hair

Scrunchy Socks

Laura said...

I love those pictures.....I had "A1" right. so there. I also remember robert and wade....moldy cow...wade. If you have any more pics of us growin up, could you make copies for me or just send them and I will make copies.

Laura said...

P.S....That was my favorite skirt and yes, I snaked it from you...lol and shut it about high hair...:) love you james.

Laura said...

Wasn't that the " one night in paris" (no relation to the nasty home movie) dance at our stake center?

Jamie said...

Oh--I thought you were thinking of Robert when you said "tall blonde one" cuz A1's hair was a little darker. No matter. Hey, that was my favorite skirt, too! I got it at the GAP before the GAP was cool, with a white shirt that Willy alway stole (even though it had embroidered girly trim). And yes, that was the Paris dance for which I made you guys make about a million paper stars to hang in the gym, and we made that big Eiffel Tower and a fake cafe that served ice cream. Pretty much my last dance as a HS student adn I think it was the dance where I met Aaron Wright. Hm.

cmhl said...

love the big glasses..

Laura said...

I remember the girly shirt willy would wear, HA HA.. I also remember yelling at people when they tried to dance inside the eiffel tower. That was one of the best dances I ever went to. I talked to lisa last night and she was laughing her but off, She thought wade was sooooooooo hot. she also wants to know if you have more pictures like that!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...