Monday, August 15, 2005

ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY: My mom was born!!!

August 15, 1951--a week before my grandparents' first anniversary-- in Monterrey Park, California, my mom was born. She's been called lots of things, like a sunshine, a force to be reckoned with, a spoon (by gramps), generous, and most of all, FUN (remember those color-coded personality tests? My mom was like straight-up yellow). We sure love her and hope she has a super 54th birthday. To celebrate, here's a (chronologically backward) photo essay I'll call "Me and My Mama."

There we are in 2001 in my honeymoon suite after our wedding reception in Tucson. Rich likes her so much, he let her come and help us open presents! I like her so much, I let her wear my Duke shirt!


There's mom in all her grandma glory with about half of her grandkids (the younger ones) in August 2004. She loves being Nana and the kids love her back!

That's Liam, Nana with Jake, Heidi, Spencer, Melanie, Ally with Jack, Addie, and Isabelle...thay all wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANA!

3 comments:

Brooks Brown said...

WOW! Your Mom is so young! She looks she could be your older sister. Look at all those grandbabies. That is amazing! You were bold to put that mid-80s quasi mullet picture of yourself. I had a similar hair don't around that time that may or may not make it to the blog. The picture of you at 5 (with the green chair) looks so much like your girls. Amazing!

cmhl said...

great pictures!!! and happy birthday to your pretty mom!!

((I too sported a mullet. eeek.))

Anonymous said...

Wholy padookey, that's a lot of babies! And wow, you sure love your mom. That is so great.

So, hi, it's me, Cheryl, a.k.a. Carla's little sister. I got your comment but unfortunately I couldn't just conveniently hit some reply button to respond to you. I just wanted to say that I totally love your writing and I love reading your blog, and I feel sorta bad, since you were so kind as to show interest in my blog, too, about leaving you in the lurch just when I had the baby and everything. I didn't mean to be a totally obnoxious blogger, doing some sort of bait and switch or something, but I just got too paranoid to enjoy myself on blogspot anymore. I have posted my "new location" over at livejournal in what will probably be my last blogspot post and I just wanted to let you know? Not that it's all life or death or anything, but, ya know, just wanted to say thanks for caring and hope to keep in touch.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...