Friday, September 30, 2005

ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY: The Best Friend of my Youth was BORN!

I have said before that I had a pretty excellent adolescence (at least socially), and most of my excellent adventures took place with my pal, Susan. We were pretty much inseparable through high school and had a lot of fun. Susan is 6 days my junior and turns 34 today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SU! Here's to happy memories of coca cola, tabasco sauce, stake dances, the Opal, the shed, Gene Travis Shanks and his crazy made up songs and socks full of change for us to take to the mall, Sally-Lee's patience and love of Elvis and chauffeuring us around town before we could drive, good and bad boyfriends, MTV all-nighters, taping videos and Young Ones episodes for me, becoming Monkees fans in 1986, growing up and going our separate ways and staying friends.

Jamie & Susan, 1991

4 comments:

Brooks Brown said...

if we had all gone to junior high together, we would have been hanging. i was all about those MTV all nighters, The Monkees reunion in '86 (when MTV started rerunning their show), The Young Ones and 120 minutes. rock on sister sledge!
happy birthday susan!

cmhl said...

that is an awesome picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah she is my little cutie..... Jamie that is

Anonymous said...

Ok gotta make another comment just because the anti spammer code is Gewax and that sounds so 80's

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...