Monday, October 31, 2005

Up In The Air

Yet another disappointing day at Livingston Memorial Hospital's Ultrasound room... I have no news, but in this case no news doesn't mean good news. The ultrasound guy did both the regular wand and the probe to get measurments today and he found out that I am most certainly not 10 weeks, more like 7, and since I am only 7 weeks he couldn't quite pick up the heart tones from the embryo, although he says it looks like only one sac, but couldn't be sure for another 2 weeks.

Um, okay...that doesn't sound ANYTHING like what I was expecting to hear today, but...okay. Of course, the first thing that pops into my head is my friend who had an ultrasound at 10wks and measured 7 weeks because she was miscarrying. I kept just asking the guy, "So what does that mean?" when I really should have been asking, "So is my baby alive or dead?" but I just couldn't say it. Besides, the answer would have been, "We just can't tell" (which--okay--PLEASE, in this day and age SOMEONE should be able to tell me if my embryo is alive, doncha think!?!). He just said to come back in two weeks to get measurements. "Dont worry--in two weeks we'll know exactly where you stand."

DON'T WORRY??

TWO WEEKS??

Have you never dealt with a pregnant woman before? IT'S ALL WORRY, Buddy, 24/7!!! And I have to wonder for TWO WEEKS?! I held it together and got dressed as fast as humanly possible so I could run out of the hospital and cry like a baby in the car (but not too much because I didn't want to freak out Rich & Heidi who were with me). I calmed myself down and reminded myself that I haven't had any bleeding at all since August 26th, that I have felt pretty pregnant, that the uterus and sac looked healthy and pregnant...I tried to figure out if it's even mathematically possible for me to be only 7 weeks (meaning 5 weeks gestation)--it's not, because I took my pregnancy test 5 weeks and three days ago, which means I am 9 weeks at the least. So I am just hoping it's just a mix up and I am right on in the next ultrasound.

I was getting a little suspicious about not being sick--but I can handle 12 weeks of throwing up WAY better than I can handle a miscarriage and starting the first trimester all over again. We'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

Which tech helped you? Sounds like Livingston HealthCare...... Hang in there, remember you aren't in SLC anymore. Would be nice if they put the patient first, but they don't have too much competition in town to keep them on their toes. I'm sorry..... eat some of the kids' candy tonight, might help.

cmhl said...

girl--- thinking of you..

I'll email you.

Laura said...

Most Doctors have no clue what they are talking about! The idiot Doctor out in California told me and Darrin that we wouldn't have any more kids due to my miscarriage....but look, we have Jared...and then the tech that did my 8 ultra sounds when I was pregnant with Jared said that he would be born with down syndrome. You and the fam will be in our prayers. I love you James. XOXOXOXO

Jamie said...

I went in this morning (Tues) and had blood drawn for the quantitative test--they'll measure the hormones today and then again on Thursday and if they have increased then we know the baby is growing and "Viable."

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...