Friday, November 11, 2005

Better Late Than Never...

Thank You I have planned since yesterday to post some photos of our family members, past and present, who have served our country in the Armed Forces to honor them for Veteran's Day today. Obviously the day has gotten away from me, but I still want to say thank you to everyone who has put their life and/or lifestyle on the line to protect and our country. Thank you for defending the land and the life I love; for making it possible for me to say and do and even blog what I think without retribution; for making my kids safe and free to worship and be educated and enjoy thier lives. We recognize and appreciate your sacrifices great and small.

Here's a list of our military family members (please correct me in the comment section if I get info wrong or if I have forgotten someone ):

Matthew Post (my brother) - Army Reserves
Tom Melin (my father-in-law)- Army, Vietnam
Jess Melin (my bro-in-law) - Air Force Pilot
Mark Melin (" ") - Air Force Pilot
Michael Melin (" ")- Army
Brent Mayberry (my cousin) - Army National Guard
Kevin Mayberry (my cousin) - Arizona National Guard Medic
David Mayberry (" ") - Army Reserves, Afghanistan 2004-5
Larkin Elrey (" ") - Army Reserves

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jamus, and you are welcome. Larkin is in the Army Reserves. I was in Afghanistan from Feb 04 to Feb 05 as an activated Army Reservist. Kev is a medic with the Arizona National Guard. Again, thanks for thinking of us on Veterans Day!

Laura said...

Didn't Grandpa Post serve in the military?

Jamie said...

Yes, he did. And so did Great-Grandpa Art Elrey and Rich's Grandpa Si who just died. I don't know what branches or theatres they served in--if anyone knows, pony up the info.

Aim said...

Thank you Jamie,
that was nice of you. i believe grandpa was in the Army Airforce or just the Airforce. He was the guy who dropped the bombs out of the plane....pretty cool. anyway, thanks agian for thinking of those who serve on Veterans Day. love you

-matt

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...