Thursday, November 03, 2005

Laughter Through Tears is My Favorite Emotion

...The title of this post comes from "Steel Magnolias," in case you forgot. It's a quote I agree with, so I am going to give you something to laugh and cry about.

At 6:37pm we got a call from the lab confirming that our fetus is not viable and I am indeed miscarrying--I kinda knew when "the process" (spotting) began around 3pm and my heart broke. We've had lots of prayers and blessings and time to mentally prepare, so I am actually better now than I was a few days ago--I hate being in limbo. I am all right now. Thank you for your prayers and hugs and phone calls and support.

On a lighter note, we were just trying to get the girls dressed after baths. Addie brought her jammies up and Rich said, "Addie, you forgot your panties." Addie said, "No...panties aren't for me." Yep, Addie has made a lifestyle decision, at least for today--she's goin' commando. The girls really are a hoot, and if I can't ever have another baby, I am blessed beyond measure with these two kooky angels.

1 comment:

cmhl said...

girl, I am so sorry. seriously. you'll see this baby again someday, I'm sure of it.

ironically, today, november 4th, is the day that I miscarried my first, 9 years ago. sad anniversary.


thinking of you, seriously. be kind to yourself.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...