Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Weirdness

Something weird happened last night while I was working out. At the end of 2 circuits, I go do 5 sets of ten crunches on the rocker thingy, then stretch and go home. But last night I just laid down and started crunching and I did three sets of thirty, almost effortlessly. Well, not effortlessly, because the last set was really hard, but not harder that the 5 sets of 10. And today I am not even sore. Weird. I got possessed by super abs. And I have this rule that you can always do the same or a little more but never less than the day before, so I guess I am on a new plateau as far as crunching goes.

I have that familiar little scratchiness in my throat and a bit of a stuffy nose. I am praying not to be sick on Christmas--exercising, chuggin' Airborne, and eating oranges...ugh!

Update: 8pm--the weirdness is gone and I broke my own rule--I went back to work out tonight and tried to do the mighty 90 crunches but could only do 4 sets of 15 (60). Musta been a fluke.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got da skillz baby!!!

Geo said...

Since the universe revolves around me [ahem], it must have happened to you so I would reconsider the to-gym-or-not-to-gym question. So, what about Curves?

Jamie said...

I hate to say it, but I love Curves. It's a lot like Relief Society, in that I have the mixed feelings and then the sisterhood turns out to be edifying and good. Seriously. I don't ahve the time or energy to worry about my fitness routine, so it is nice to ahve a place to go where (a) you can look like crap and nobody cares (b) you don't have to think, you just jump into the circle and go around as many times as you feel you need to; somedays I work out harder than others, sometimes I go three times, sometimes only two, or even once if I have been doing heavy labor at home. The point is you can just go in, work each part of your body, and walk out in thirty minutes and you feel great. I have much more energy and my heart rate has improved, so I love that, but I ahve only lost 10 pounds in 10 months. So I have added a little at-home aerobic routine a few times a week to crank it up a notch in the new year...maybe that will help. I feel all these great new muscles but they are still burried underneath a cozy layer of blubber. :) Summary: I think Curves is great, and the fact that I am PAYING for a place to work out is a good motivator for me (it's a nice "mommy time-out" too).

Geo said...

Hmmm. Well, I read mixed reports about Curves, and don't know if it's something I should consider or not. I'm desperate for some workout consistency, but I also want to do more than tread water. That's not to say that that's what I'd be doing at Curves, but some of what I've read about it says it doesn't take you far enough. (Right now, anywhere, even halfway, would be better than here, but I'm trying to see this with a long-term vision.) My budget says, "Oh, come on. It's easy. You should be working out on your own!" My body says, "Okay, you'd better start doing something to get me out of this rut. On again, off again . . . all you're doing is you're confusing me!" Ack. Why isn't Gold's Gym right around the corner from me like Curves is? I already know what Gold's can do for me, and it's not as expensive, but I don't want to drive to Orem every day. I mean, I know I won't. And UTA is out of the question. Wah, wah, wah!

Brooks Brown said...

You know the more potassium you intake, the less sore your muscles will get during and after workouts.

Jamie said...

Must be all them bananas I been eatin'.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...