Monday, February 13, 2006

At Long Last

Nine days ago ( Feb. 4th, the last time I saw daylight, basically) we took the girls to Helena to visit their cousin Jake. Jake took us to one of his favorite places, Carousel Ice Cream, where the three kids rode the carousel over and over and over again. Here are some long-overdue pictures... That's Jake, Heidi, & Addie
Heidi riding a trout
Addie riding a frog
I have more pictures to post, but they are all stuck on the camera. Why, you ask? Because SOMEBODY chewed on our USB cable, rendering it useless and unable to download pictures from camera to computer. I will borrow one tonight so I can get our cute Valentine's Pix out to everyone. I had grand Valentines plans, but all the cute things I made back on January 20-21 are still in a box downstairs, waiting for me to finish convalescing. I think I will save most of them for next year, but will send out a little something to everyone tomorrow.
So I am feeling better; not 100% yet, but I would say about 75%, which is up from like 25% last week--mostly dead. I feel woozy when I am up, but I do get up, and I am eating my regular early-pregnancy diet of apples, oranges, yogurt, wheat toast and ice water. Only once in a while does something else sound good (like roasted chicken last night). Poor Richard is sick today and his mom and I conspired to get him a half day today--I made him lay down after lunch and then called her at his office and asked if he could just stay home and sleep the rest of the day. She said she would cover for him, so I hope this nap will help him nip his cold in the bud before he gets a full-blown infection. He worked really hard this weekend to get our master bath tiled and it looks awesome. Again---pictures stuck on camera.
While I have been in bed, I have watched some TV. The highlights include The Olympics Opening Ceremonies (kind of weird and random, but fun) and some events, Jon Stewart on the Daily Show announcing the birth of his daughter, Maggie, and a really cool movie about The Clash (1977-1983) on The Documentary Channel. The Doc channel just suddenly appeared on our satellite menu and I have watched HOURS of documentaries...I was in TV heaven! Ask me about A Trial in Prague or why they put you in jail in Vienna...I'll tell you! Or maybe you want to know how all those Jewish merchants ended up in the (intolerant) south...I can tell you.
Anyway...I hope that's the extent of my TV-viewing for a while. I've got plenty else to do around here, like finish decorating my laundry room and new bathroom, sanitizing this sick-fest, and teaching Addie to read!

7 comments:

Brooks Brown said...

The long-lasting sick crud has everyone down in my vicinity too. I have been watching some serious "educational" television lately too, but nothing as good as a Clash documentary. Last night I stayed up way like watching a show on the National Geographic channel called "In the Womb" that is fascinating. I didn't know that a pregnany women's cravings are based on foods that the fetus needs for optimum growth -- pretty amazing.

Jamie said...

Isn't that crazy about the cravings? It's so amazing to me, everytime I go through it. I mean, like right now, I have zero tolerance for greasy or spicy foods and the less processed the better. For some reason I always crave potatoes when I am pregnant...yesterday I ate one just microwaved with salt & pepper...I ate it like an apple, just holding it in my hand. I felt like an ape, but it tasted so good. That's another thing...my sis who just had her last said one thing she'll miss about being pregnant is how good things taste. When you are craving something and then you finally eat it, it's just out of this world. Too bad simple things aren't always that satisfying--I'd be a lot skinnier, that's for sure!

PS: I wish there were someway to email what I have tivo'ed--The Clash documentary was so great adn I forgot how much I really, truly, deeply love (ed) Joe Strummer. And how deserving he was of my admiration. :)

Jenn said...

Hey girl, glad to hear that you are on the mend. I have missed seeing ya...although the photo of you in todays paper was cute! Hope you saw it! Anyhow...just wanted to say hi, I'll be leaving on Thursday for my scrapbook trip with my mom and sis. Oh ya, I finally got my new camera! the Canon digital rebel XT I haven't played much yet...but I will soon. You'll have to school me on the computer end of all this! Maybe after I get back.....
take care!

Happy Gilmores said...

How did you get in the paper being sick? The Enterprise? cool! Happy Heart Day to the Melin Family. The cards and candy were flying around the house this morning for me, Page and the kids. Mine were sugar free. (Page is so thoughtful!). I have to go find some tulips for Page today (tradition). Take care.

Geo said...

I bet you'd feel better if you could wear one of those cool Alps dresses for a day. I'd love to wear one to our ward V-day party tonight!

Aim said...

Happy Hearts Day!
Glad to hear you are feeling better! I know what you mean with the potatoes! Except, unfortunately for me, I'm craving the greasy stuff. MMM... especially those precooked breaded chicken patties! YUM!

Amie

Jamie said...

There is a hideous picture of me in the Enterprise because Saturday night while we were trying to stay out of the way of the tiling, my in-laws took us to the Scout Chili and Pie supper at the American Legion. Addie and Heidi were the only kids there, so the photographer hovered around photographing them eating pie. I was in my pjs, by the way.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...