Friday, February 17, 2006

Bipolar

The hormones are getting the best of me! I was just making some juice for the girls with the radio on, and this darned song came on:

God on high
Hear my prayer
In my need
You have always been there
He is young
He's afraid
Let him rest
Heaven blessed.
Bring him home...
The summers die
One by one
How soon they fly
On and on
And I am old
And will be gone.
Bring him peace
Bring him joy
He is young
He is only a boy
You can take
You can give
Let him be
Let him live
If I die, let me die
Let him live
Bring him home.
I suppose thoughts of Matt are always just at the back of my mind, because dumb little things like hearing a song on the radio or the Fallen Heroes segment on CBS news just send me into sobs. Part of me knows he will be okay--I keep thinking, it can't possibly be God's will for Amie to raise those babies alone--but at the same time, the whole year will jus t be hard--there is no way around it.

But even earlier this morning, I was feeling elated at the news of my dear friend Lisa's engagement. I am so excited for her and can't wait to meet the man who is cool enough to be her husband. I was also feeling some left-over elation at finally finding nice, simple Laura Ashley dresses for my girls at Costco, of all places. I will save my rant for another day, but I have been so annoyed now that Addie is in "girl sizes," I am expected to dress her like a junior sleaze. I cannot believe that they make the same clothes for a five year old that they make for a 16 year old. Can't my little girl just dress like a little girl for 5 more years? I was getting ready to bust out the sewing machine, but Costco came through with lovely, classic dresses in both their sizes. Let girls be girls!

2 comments:

Aim said...

Happy Anniversary Jamie and Rich! What an achievement. Seems hardly anybody stays together anymore wait...scratch that...seems nobody even bothers to get married anymore. They don't know what they are missing! You and Rich really do make a great team. Matt and I have learned a lot from you both.

Whenever I get sad about Matt leaving he tells me "just try not to think about it," which always makes me laugh because I am just like you, everything makes me think about it! Don't worry though, at least one thing is for sure, I won't be raising these babies alone, I have all of you! It makes me feel great that I have been blessed with such great inlaws. God knew what he was doing in more than one respect when he told me to marry Matt. Hope you had a great anniversary day!
love amie

Jill Petersen said...

Happy Aniversary you two! I talked to you this morning and forgot to tell you that! I am terrible at remembering things at the right time.

You cannot post those sad songs! I am going to freakin lose it!

maybe you can buy long tank tops to go under all Addies clothes but I am sure that won't change the style of the darn clothes. I am going crazy because Ally is in mostly 7/8's and they are so skanky!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...