Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Carters Rock

Seein's how Richard and I are still sick (like running fevers, can't-quite-breathe-right, sniffle-and-cough sick, not dying-of-pneumonia sick), Valentine's Day was set up to be pretty sucky around here. But Rich got up early on V-day to shovel the walk and came back into the house with balloons and Spongebob Candies for the girls and all my favorite chocolates with a lovely card for me. Awwwww! I had planned to decorate his office like I usually do, but just couldn't do it, so I sent the treats and decorations with him (along with some cute pix, cards, and treats for his parents and co-worker). Later, The Carter family in our ward arranged a special Valentine's night "IN" for Rich and me to thank us for helping w/ their computer. Terry (the mom) came and picked up the girls at 5:30 and dropped of a lovely dinner of roasted lemon pepper chicken, shrimp scampi, peas with mushrooms, Martinelli's sparkling cider, and chocolate mousse with strawberries, complete with candlelight! She also brought a movie for us to watch--"Just Like Heaven"--which was pretty cute, as well as some chocolately treats to snack on while we watched.

The girls came home a little after 8pm, all ready for bed, so we tucked them in, gave Terry her dishes, and finished the movie (Rich also installed our master toilet last night, so being able to potty down stairs was the greatest Vday gift of all!!!). So what was looking like the bleakest of all Valentine's Days turned into one of the best. Thanks, Carter family! We hope to "pay if forward" for another couple in depserate need of a date night! You guys are the BEST!

We were reminiscing about V-day 5 years ago...we had just arrived in San Diego to prepare for our wedding on February 17, 2001. We spent the day doing wedding stuff, like picking up Rich's tux in Escondido, shopping with my mom, etc. I think we went to dinner with my parents that night and it was just a really fun day, looking forward to being married that weekend. Oh, what fun! Sometimes I can't believe that five years have flown by, but at the same time, I can't believe I was ever NOT married to Rich. I mean, I barely remember life without him...which is cool because "it's a wonderful life."

And the wonderful life is calling--kids need some love and I gotta go!

3 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

Terry is such a good cook. But so are you Jaime. For valentines day we ordered pizza, but Page and I did go see a movie. Last Holiday. It was pretty good. But if Terry wants to bring us dinner, we won't turn it down!

Jenn said...

I am glad that things worked out. I hope you both get to feeling better real soon. Hey, I want in on the whole have-someone-take-my-kids-and-cook-me-dinner thing! See when I get back from sunny California!~

Anonymous said...

Terry is the greatest!!!!! You are blessed to have a friend like her. We had a great V day also - the kids and kurt filled my bedroom with balloons and hearts!! Such a surprise and I felt very loved!!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...