Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Laundry Room

While I was gone last week, Richard painted my laundry room floor, textured and painted the walls, painted and installed cabinets (his mom's old ones), and installed a sink. I chose the paint color for something else and told him to use it on the cabinets, but I am going to change it. I meant it to be a limey-celery green and it turned out to be a neon yellowish...? Anyway, it;s brighter and friendlier in there and I am excited to make it a good work space. There is also an ironing center and a sewing table (I need to get the sewing machines--there are 3 sitting there-- tuned up and well-stocked).I am going to find a funky shower curtain (think Target's "Swell" collection) to hide the furnace & water heater and hang up my vintage "Breakfast at Tiffany's" movie poster, just to make it bright and fun in there.
Here's how it looks from the food storage room (we are putting in shelves on the left between the cabinets and the wall) ...
...and from the door of the basement family room.

2 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

we had a guest room in Louisiana that we painted that brilliant green. It matched a bedspread we had. It was hard to relax in that room.

Carla said...

Way to go Rich!!! My laundry room is also shared with the furnace and water heater, but I'm going to have to steal that shower curtain idea!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...