Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Equinox

This is just one of a million reasons I love NPR. On Monday, despite "winter's last hurrah," I noticed little signs of spring and felt a little more hopeful and sunny, even though it was still very grey outside. Just before noon our time, the sun passed over the equator and the day and night were equal all over the world. For some reason, I just love the equinox-es(?) (equinocies?) and solstices. I am enjoying them more now that I live in a place where the seasons really change. So I am glad the earth is tilted--the seasonal change makes the year fly by and it gives me something to look forward to.

I took pictures of our flowers on Monday and I am going to keep taking pictures of them so I can show the girls how they grew in a photographic timeline-type thing. I hope they will still be around for Easter!

2 comments:

Brooks Brown said...

My birthday is the first day of spring, March 20. It is an inspiring time of year for me and always has been. I know we don't get anything like the winter that Montana gets, but it's still a relief when it's officially over.

Jamie said...

Brooks, what a cool birthday! I hope you had a happy one this year! It was a good day for me, and spring is really trying to show itself around here, although I think we have a couple more snow storms to deal with...

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...