Thursday, May 25, 2006

Consolidate the Misery

Another busy week. Rich got home from Great Falls last night and we were all so tired, we just ate pizza and fruit and watched a movie with the girls. We got them to bed and watched the Idol finale (well, we fast-forwarded through most of it). I was truly surprised when Taylor won, but I think it was really close and both finalists are excellent singers. I think Taylor was my favorite, just because he's so entertaining and so different and he started out as an underdog. I feel really sorry for hom if he has to do that Idols Live tour because those musical numbers they have to do are SUPER GAY! I heard them described as "Brady Bunch numbers" and i think that's pretty right on! Katharine will be just fine--she's beautiful and talented and has had all the exposure she needs.

We are getting ready to go do Meals on Wheels. I have been delivering 14 lunches all week long--Heidi comes with me on my route and Addie goes with Grandma Rosalie. The old people love to see Heidi and she tried not to be too shy with them. She loves to carry the drinks.

I have also been watching out for this family in our ward--I visit teach the Grandma and the Grandpa got sick and had to go to the hospital Saturday. He came home Sunday, then had to go back because his gall bladder was failing. I hear he is doing better as of Wednesday afternoon--I hope that's true! Meanwhile, the mom (daughter of the sick grandpa) had a miscarriage last week and had to have a D&C Monday (and had her tubes tied, too). During the surgery, she was intubated and they cut hup her throat really bad, so she had to go back to the emergency room to get the swelling and the pain under control. I feel so bad for them--and the 4 kids at home-- all I could do was make big pans of enchiladas and bouquets of lilacs and wish them well. I hope Grandpa gets to come home today--that's just too much for one family! It reminds me of how Rich's grandpa died and I miscarried the same week last fall. We call it "Consolidate the Misery..." bad stuff comes in twos or threes. At least there is a stretch of peace afterward, right? Ideally, anyway.

Well, I'd better round up my posse and go deliver lunch. Hope all is well with yall...leave a comment!

3 comments:

Happy Gilmores said...

Sounds like you are busy but doing lots of good. I knew Taylor was going to win. He came in as top vote getter for the last few weeks now and I didn't see that changing. There were a lot of good singers. I thought Paris and Mandisa did especially well in the finale show last night. Looks like Chris will get a sweet music deal as will Kathrine and Taylor. I thought Meatloaf was terrible last night. What happened to him? Could have done without the Brokeback parody too. I voted for Kathrine like 50 times Tuesday night- guess I didnt hit redial enough times! We fly Sean out your way tomorrow morning. Make sure he doesnt get too wild in that Northern Town.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

I remeber doing meals on wheels with my kids - they loved it. The people really love the little kids. I remember wishing I had time to just sit and visit with them. Give those girls a hug from me, and tell Rich and everyone hello!

Love,
Debbie

Jamie said...

It's been kind of hard delivering the meals--carrying the big cooler with my prego belly, keeping Heidi in check, etc.--but it's so worth it. Addie told Grandma, "I love to help--it makes me feel happy." And THAT is why I do it. If I can raise these girls to be decent, caring people who recognize the spirit, maybe that will erase all the not-so-great things I have done! Mission accomplished, you know? ;) We sure miss you Holms & Gilmores!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...