Friday, May 26, 2006

Better

Rich went to see The DaVinci Code without me on Monday, but promised to take me on Thursday. We couldn't find a babysitter, so I just went by myself. I hated to do that to Rich, but I really needed a little break and wanted to see the movie.

I snuck some SmartFood popcorn into the theatre and I actually quite liked the movie (except for the general freakiness of the monk). I get a kick out of people getting so freaked out about the prospect of Christ being married. It wouldn't be so weird for "my Jesus." I know the story was fiction but I like the mixing of real symbology and art to create a plot/ mystery, and I love Audrey Tautou since I saw her in Amelie (I liked Amelie so much that I thought about naming Heidi Amelie). I thought maybe someone else would have been better in Tom Hanks' role, but it was good. And I was refreshed after a night out. I even drove home slowly and listened to a couple of songs on my "Best of the Cure" cd. Oh, that was fun. I don't think I will ever get tired of listening to "Boys Don't Cry" or "In Between Days." Cheap thrills.

Another good thing about going to the movies was that I saw the mom & grandma of the family I mentioned yesterday at the movie! I was so glad to see them out and about, and happy to hear that grandpa came home and all was well. Yay. And they loved the enchiladas--another yay. I am trying really hard to DO something when I feel moved to do it, instead of talking myself out of it, and this has been good motivation. When I thought of taking dinner to that family, I told myself that was a dumb idea, who needs enchiladas when people are sick ? , etc. etc. I always think my ideas are dumb, but I have to remember that it's the ACTION that really matters--the "thought that counts," as the saying goes. And I am learning that's really true, and hopefully I will just start moving when the prompting comes and stop THINKING too much. Heart over head.

Gotta go get the munchkins down for quiet time....

PS: I just noticed that my pregnancy counter says "111 Days to go." I'd just like to point out that, since I had both girls at 38 weeks (instead of 40), there is a very good chance that Little Man will come early, too. And that means I may have LESS THAN 100 DAYS LEFT in this pregnancy. Can I get a hallelujah?! Also, Rich's brother & his wife (Jess & Kelli) found out they are expecting a boy in October, so more twin cousins!

PPS: Congratulations to Cousin Scott on his graduation from Buena HS in Scary Vista, AZ

1 comment:

Happy Gilmores said...

i had an enchilada for lunch today at a resturant and it was aweful. I wish I had one of yours instead. Bet it would have been a million times better. Well Sean is in your town now. Lucky guy.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...