Friday, May 05, 2006

Stand Up, Sit Down

Slowest High Speed EVER! Our internet is being annoyingly slow the past few days--it feels like 1999 around here! Anyway, I have wanted to jot a few things down on the blog, but it has been taking way too long! I'll have to gather up thse randome thoughts soon. Today I just wanted to share this email I got from Stand Up and remind you to check out the web site if you haven't yet.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your participation in the
STAND UP campaign for excellent high schools that prepare all students for success in college, work, and citizenship.

This email is to confirm that your Governor has received the message you sent. We hope you will
tell others about your support for this important effort and encourage them to visit the website (www.standup.org) to find out how they can take action.

We are encouraged by the strong response from people like you who share a commitment to high schools that provide the academic rigor, relevant and challenging coursework, and teachers and other adults who know students and care about their success. We are also proud of the partnership in this effort with others who are working every day to improve our high schools, including organizations like National Governors Association, the Manhattan Institute, the Center for American Progress (who made your email communication with your Governor possible) and nearly 70 STAND UP coalition member organizations across the country.

Moving forward,
STAND UP will continue to provide you with updates on the progress of our campaign, including additional ways you can support the effort. Working together, we can achieve our goal of making sure that all of America's young people graduate high school ready for the challenges and opportunities ahead.

Thanks,
The entire
STAND UP team

***

Also, the other day when we were driving over to the Smiths to visit their baby, we were talking to the girls about baby etiquette, how we ask if we can hold them, wash our hands, don't touch their faces, etc. We told them this would be good practice for when our baby comes, and Addie said, "But our baby is going to be a tiny baby BOY..."

"That's right," Rich answered.

It was quiet for a few seconds as Addie looked out the window then sighed to herself, "My wish came true!"

7 comments:

cmhl said...

that is so sweet that Addie said that...

Jamie said...

Yes, it's so cute! At first she told everyone, "We know it's a brother because we saw his peanut." She is very excited and I think she will be really excited to help--she is already such a great helper. Heidi, on the other hand, might feel a little displaced. She LOVES babies, but she might not like the one her mommy has to hold all day!

Brooks Brown said...

I love that she called it a peanut.
What an exciting time for your family.

Aim said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sweet I'm gonna cry!

amie

Gardner Family said...

Hi, you don't know me but I am Amie and Matt's friend Leah. I was on their website and their is a link to your website that I accidentally clicked on. I love your blog. And I hope it's okay I wrote down your tortilla soup recipe. Thanks! P.S. Good luck with your peanut! I just had one and he is tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Postum, A message to you way from the old North state. I was gonna email you but couldn't find your address so I went to your blog and started reading. Do you have any suggestions for a curriculum for homeschool for a 5 year old??
Joolia

Jamie said...

JOOLIA! So good to hear from you!! You need to send me YOUR email address (mine is on my profile page here)! The best homeschooler I know is Carla Bybee--remember Sister Wood? We are still in touch and she know lots about home school. In fact, you can click over to her using THIS link:
http://bybeehive4.blogspot.com/

And a GREAT pre-K reading program is at righttrackreading.com


It's so good to hear from you!!E-ME SOON!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...