Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Road Home, part 2: Poor Nebraska

While the state is lovely enough, the drive through Nebraska on Sunday was torture. They should make a killing in speeding tickets--people probably drive 90 miles per hour just to escape the boredom. It was just as bad as East Colorado/West Kansas--ugh!!

Judging from the roadside attractions, there is A LOT of junk in Nebraska.


miles and miles of farm junk

Carhenge, just north of Alliance, Nebraska--dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of "CAR ART."

2 comments:

Geo said...

Carhenge! We have some friends from Nebraska who were telling us about it . . . sounds like a place I'd like to visit (briefly).

Jamie said...

"briefly" is the key word! I was so sick of the trip, I didn't even get out of the car (I didn't let the girls out either--mean mom). But it was cool to see! I really want to stop at Prairie Dog Town and see all the freaky animals in the middle of Kansas, but I can never bring myself to stop because I can't wait to get out of there!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...