Thursday, August 10, 2006

Christmas in July

I have to thank my Sister-in-Neuroses, cmhl, for posting THIS the other day. Even though I am having a baby soon and babies tend to not care so much about your Holiday preparation schedule, I couldn't resist reading up and printing out the Holiday Grand Plan calendars, if only as a loose guide to getting myself together for the holidays (even while nursing and sleeping in three-hour stretches!).

Last month when The Crazies died down and I started my "resting," I also started Christmas. Well, actually, I start Christmas 2006 around New Years 2006 at the after-Christmas sales. I can do this because both our families are so cool, they have a family gift exchange that's on a rotation, so you always know who you have which year. Families give to families, so we start buying a few things for each of our exchange people right after Christmas and keep on buying/making gifties all year long. It has gotten to the point where I hardly have to go out in the crazy holiday rush unless I actually WANT to. Plus, this year, the Melins are having "Homemade Christmas" gift exchange, which means for me, the craftily-challenged, starting WAY early. CMHL wanted me to post some of my little projects, so at the risk of ruining some surprises, I am posting some of the things I have been making. Keep in mind that I am terribly allergic to following patterns and directions, so all of this stuff was either totally made up by me, or lifted from something I have seen at a craft store or gift shop! It's not the most skillful rendering, but it comes right from my heart and imagination. :)

1 comment:

Gardner Family said...

hey Jaimie - I was just browsing your site. I haven't been to it in awhile. I just wanted to tell you that I am an organizing nut. If I could make a living out of organizing things I would. Thank you so much for also posting the grand plan link for christmas. It's one of my favorite holdiays. Okay, it is my favorite holiday. I watch national lampoon's christmas vacation throughout the year. So thanks for posting that. :) Wish we lived closer. I have a feeling we would be good buddies. :)Lot's in common.
Leah (Amie and Matt's friend)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...