Thursday, September 14, 2006

BLAZING

We have fielded some questions and concerns today regarding the wildfires around our town. Here is an article to read about them with a video link, too.

While fires are scary and unpredictable, we have not been too worried for ourselves (believe me, my Dad-in-law is worrying enough for everyone--he is a super insurance agent and has been busy helping his evacuated customers for the past 3 weeks). The fires are at least 20 miles from us and that huge wind that kicked them up yesterday actually blew them AWAY from town and cleared out the smoke that has been so thick the past 2 weeks. The wind was strong all day today and we expect rain the next few days (although we are terribly disappointed that it didn't start today). Most people I know have been unaffected, except for those who work at the Stillwater Platinum mine over in those mountains (including my brother-in-law) who haven't been able to work all week (and hence, don't get PAID). Tom Brokaw's ranch is over there in the fires, too, poor guy. Last I heard it was still unharmed.

Today was an exhausting day. Our preschool group started today (a big success--a group of mom's are getting together to do it cooperatively and it seems like it's going to be great. And free.) and then we had dental appointments. Man, I am still tired and it wasn't even that much activity. But I have to boast a little bit because, aside from being tired and sometimes cranky and not looking so fresh, I have been able to keep up with my regular schedule and responsibilities quite handily since my mom left. The house is clean, the meals are made, the laundry is done, the kids (all THREE) are bathed and dressed, and I have attended meetings of one sort or another very day since Sunday. AND I AM STILL ALIVE!!! I guess it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but I was just expecting my world to get rocked because EVERYONE told me that the third kids changes everything. Maybe it's just because James is such a mellow baby, or the fact that we are not trying to build a house (or both), but this is way easier than bringing Heidi home. That's not to say it's EASY; it's just not a hard as I was dreading it would be.

Of course, nothing in my life would be remotely manageable if I weren't married to a SAINT. Rich is my right hand man--so great with the kids and so good at giving them the extra attention they need as we adjust to the new guy. Thanks, hun. We're not too big and we're not too tough but when we work together we got the right stuff.

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...