Thursday, November 02, 2006

Aunt Jill playing with Jake on Saturday (10/21) at Janet's
Me and Jake having a tickle fight just as he was going home Saturday.
After our scrappin' marathon, we ordered some Chili's to go and ate it at Janet's, then we went on a little tour of homes, to see her daughters' new houses. Laura and I went back to Jill's house to sleep after stopping at Walmart and Wendy's (at about midnight--I stayed awake enough to watch half of Nacho Libre, then crashed). We left for home at about 11am on Sunday, stopping in Idaho Falls to eat lunch and watch the Joseph Smith movie again at the Visitors Center (Laura & her boys missed it at Temple Square because the boys got lost on the elevators). We got a little punchy after that, and laughed at the silliest things. I about died when I finally realized that Monida, MT is named that because it's on the MONtana- IDAho border (yeah, I'm quick...it made me think of this: "Ol' Beauford's the sly one--he already knows his ABC's!"--name that movie). Also, I drove through Butte, MT for the very first time in the dark, so we spent the whole time trying to figure out what the huge glowing white arch-shaped thing up on the mountain was. We kept making guesses, and I kept jokingly saying, "It's La Virgen of Guadalupe, y'all!" The next day, I got this email from Laura (click on the title):
"I laughed when I looked it up. You really know your religious statues....Ha Ha."
Even though I didn't get home to my cozy bed until almost 11pm (I took Laura to Helena, then swung back east to Livingston), it was a super-fun roadtrip (thanks in part to the totally-awesome mix CDs Laura and Willy made for me--click here for my new favorite song from Will--THANKS, GUYS! ROCK ON)!

6 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I loved having you visit. Baby James is so squishy!

Jenn said...

Next road trip....I'm there!!! I can only imagine how much trouble (oops, I mean fun ) we could have together on the road!
Even though we can never seem to really get together...I am glad you are home...I missed you.

Laura said...

I took some cute pictures...lol. You just got to post them first! I found a video clip that I have to send to you and Jill.....lets just say it's a funny reminder of what James did to Jill. I laughed my butt off when I saw it! I did have a blast. You are so much fun to be with. Next time we go down, We should stop in Kaysville to see if we can find G-pa Layton's grave site. I can't put his book down. Love you James.

Geo said...

Jill is so beautiful.

Carla said...

very cute pics all the way around! I'm taking a stab at that movie...Oh brother where art thou?

Jamie said...

Very close, and one of my all-time faves, CJ...but that quote comes from Raising Arizona (another Cohen Brothers movie)...when Glen is introducing his hellacious children to HI and a really ugly one (Beuford) writes "FART" on the wall. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093822/quotes

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...