Thursday, November 02, 2006

My mom (Nana) got to meet her grandson, Sam Post, for the first time that Friday night when we all converged at Jill's house in Lehi (mom flew in from St.Louis, Amie--Matt's wife--came up from her Dad's in Price, where she is living while Matt is in Iraq). When Amie first arrived, she brought Sam up to greet us upatairs, then she went down to the basement to find where Jake had run off to. We all passed Sam around and loved on him, and he looks so much like Matt, we all started to cry. When we heard Amie coming back up the stairs, we all hurried and wiped our eyes and noses so we wouldn't upset her. Later I found her in the kitchen alone looking at some photos of Matt my mom had taken while visiting him Wisconsin (where he was all summer waiting to leave for Iraq), and she was crying but trying to hide her tears, too. I hugged her and told her we were all being so silly, trying not admit we missed Matt, although his absence was the big elephant in the room! Man, I miss having them near by and I can't get over what a great sister-in-law she is! She has so much peronality, courage, testimony, and integrity--we are so lucky she's in our family!
My cute Sisiters-in-law: Amie holding Sam, Audrey (very pregnant) holding James, and me (we have red eyes from the aformentioned crying).
Saturday morning we all got together at my mom's best friend Janet's house for a scrapbooking extravaganza. We also squeezed in a little baby shower for Audrey (who is having a baby girl any day now; they plan to name her Maeby--yes, just like the girl on Arrested Development--fun, huh?). Janet was such a great hostess, and it was so fun to see her and her family again. She and my mom held James almost all day (when he wasn't nursing or being held by an auntie--spoiled!). Thanks, Gray family, for putting up with us all day, and thanks for the nice chat, Janet!
This is a very backlit photo of Amie in Janet's living roon, talking on her cell phone to Matt with Sam on her lap. It was great timing because we all got to shout hello to him and got to know (for at least one more day) that he was alive and well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
thnaks for taking good care of amie while i am gone. i miss you guys alot and i check the blog circle every now and then to catch up on things. wish i was there... matt-

Geo said...

Scrapapalooza!!

Aim said...

awe! I love these pics! You think too highly of me Jamie! I'm just like every other mom, taking it one day at a time. I'm a firm believer that everyone has just about the same amount of stress and heartache in their lives...it just comes in different packages. Thank you for the compliments though. I'm so glad to be apart of this family too.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...