Tuesday, November 07, 2006

First Tuesday

So , yeah, I voted today. I voted FOR one candidate, and for one initiative. With the rest of the candidates, I was voting against one by voting for his/her opponent...like voting for the "least bad." That's kind of sad. Sometimes I hate the two-party system.

What I hate even more is career politicians. It's okay to have a career in politics (well, I prefer the term "public service"), but will someone please explain to me why there are no term limits for senators? I can't think of a good argument against a two (or even three) term limit. How can you represent a population you're not even really a part of anymore? The KEY WORD is REPRESENTATION...don't get me started.

I love democracy and I love to vote. May the least bad man win!


Oh, PS: I was running thru all the Oprah's I tivo'ed last week and lo and behonld, there was a girl from my mission on Oprah last week. If you saw the episode about the girl who gave birth at home and threw the baby in the quarry, at the end , they had the reporter from Idaho that got the Safe Haven Law passed there, then adopted a Safe Haven baby. That reporter served in North Carolina with me! (CJ, remember Sister Johnston? Remember how she wanted to be Murphy Brown? Well, she is--at least in Idaho ;))

2 comments:

Laura said...

I did a post on a girl that had a baby at home and put the baby in a duffle bag and tossed it in a quarry, I wonder if it was the same girl.

Carla said...

Wow! I don't think I'd have ever recognized her...even though she does look similar. I'm impressed that she is doing what she always said she wanted to do--good for her!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...