Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Belated Valentine

Overheard at my house the day after Rich explained to Addie who Cupid is and why he's on Valentines.
Addie (to Cousin Danny) : That's Cupid.
Danny: Why?
Addie: He shoots people in the heart. Know what? My dad went to a party a long time ago when he was a little boy and he saw my mom there and Cupid shot him and he fell!
Danny: Where did he fall?
Addie: In love with my mom!
***

In honor of Valentines Day, I present to you the best kiss from my favorite, most hilarious and romantic movie EVER (even as I fear that I am casting my pearls before swine, so to speak). I have the soundtrack and when I listen to it on rainy Sundays, I can almost smell Florence ("Inhale! A truly Florentine smell..."). Oh, George...what you did to my teenage heart! And then I happily married your opposite! Happy Valentine's Day from me, my dear husband, Lucy Honeychurch and George Emerson. Enjoy your sweetheart today! (A Room With A View, 1986)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart I love you so much!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...