Saturday, May 05, 2007

Couch Potatoes

We recently purchased a dirt cheap set of DVDs featuring old skool cartoons like Popeye and Betty Boop. Our girls are instantly sucked into the 1930's tracter beam, which is perfect for when I need computer time or time to cook dinner...
I like this photo just to compare their profiles....look at Addie's cute little Melin lip and Heidi's playdoh nose! Cutie pies.


I also took in a little TV this week--a lot, actually, with The Mormon Show on PBS, plus American Idol and Must-See on Thursday. And here is what I have to say about that:


1. BLAKEIFY: To make something lame (like a mushy country song or an 80's hairband hit) into something hip-hoppity-jazz-cool with some beat boxin' mixed in, 311 style. Okay, I LOVED Blake Lewis' version of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" so much, I have probably watched it 10 times. It sounded very 311 (I saw 311 back in 1997 and the lead singer was way cuter than he is in this video...I loved thier muzak, but they were way too drug-culture for me) to me and I find Blake thoroughly entertaining and original (at least by American Idol standards). Look:


2. Scrubs (click here) just about broke my heart. You probably know from reading this blog that I feel a kinship to the cast of Scrubs as if we had all grown up together. Seriously. Something about the show (maybe that the writers are all the same age as me?) just hits my young adulthood nail right on the head. So this past epoisode when Eliot gets engaged and JD is trying super hard to get with her friend, and then he asks himself why he's trying so hard, then answers his own question with the heartwrenching "It should have been me"-- UGH! I felt that! I know I have felt that and I know I made someone else feel that when I got hitched (I 've got it in writing). I wish I could fast forward and see what's going to happen, cuz JD still has that baby out there somewhere with that lyin' urologist from last season...

WHAT!?! Did you just tell me to get a life? Okay, okay...I have one, but I was taking a break this week to get over my chest cold! Gimme a break...I have to stop thinking deep thoughts SOMETIME!

Heh-heh.


PS: Happy Saturday, y'all...git your BelBivDeVoe on.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Girl, I totally have a chest cold too, and so I watched almost everything on TV this past week--even soaps. Gag! I never picked up on you being a Scrubs fan, but I love that show (and the rest of Must See NBC Thursday--especially The Office and 30 Rock). I related to Turk and Carla's problem--lack of "you know what" after the baby! *sob* And, can I just say, I loves me some Bon Jovi! And now we are leaving to go eat at Cafe Rio for Cinco de Mayo and it's SNOWING! What the...?

Laura said...

LOL, I got on to do my every night check of all the blogs. I got down to the "Scrubs" part and hit the link. I just ended up watching over an hour of scrubs clips on you tube! Holy crap, I was almost in tears. Love you and hope to see you soon.

Aleisha said...

What part of montana?? Sorry, I am meredith's friend and read chrissys blog as well. (her sis-in-law). I saw the srubs part and LOVED it. (one of the greatest shows ever) Anyways, my hubby parents live in Montana and so do my aunt and uncle. Those mountains are BEAUTIFUL, and thats not in Helena...lol

Jamie said...

Hi Aleisha...I am in Livingston, 20 miles east of Bozeman, 100 miles west of Billings (in th "buttcrack" of the Absaroka-Beartooth Mountains on the Yellowstone River). My sis ter Laura (who commented right before you) lives in Helena, as does my brother Matt...which is weird because we wre all raised in Tucson, AZ & Sandy Eggo, CA.

Laura said...

Sandy Eggo.....Thats funny!

Aleisha said...

We go every year to visit my hubby's parents, which we will be doing in July before we move on to our next duty station. (My hubbys in the navy and is in Iraq right now, so I am living with my parents in utah until he gets back, then were off to Italy for three years) Anyways, they use to live in deer lodge, but moved to Helena for a job. Hes origanly from MT, so he wants to eventenly end up there, I wouldnt mind. Just not by the in-laws =o) I like missula

Aleisha said...

P.S...lol Buttcrack, that would be butte, horrible place. Looks like you've got a good one =o)

Brent said...

Ha ha ha! Turk does Poison. That was AWESOME! I *heart* Scrubs!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...