Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Never Too Young


Rich and I have this running joke about assisted living (actually, it's not a joke because we are freaking SERIOUS): the very second we are eligible, we are moving in! We can't wait!


And we cannot for the life of us figure out why people want to live alone in the middle of nowhere when they are 80-something and in precarious health. I love the idea of having lot of Yahtzee partners around, being able to choose to make dinner or go downstairs to the in-house Luby's, not having to take care of a yard, and having medical care within 100-yards at all times. I may feel differently when I'm 59, but right now, its sounds AWESOME.


So you can imagine how loud I laughed when I saw this excellent Anne Taintor magnet (above). She is fabulous; I love her stuff. Take a peek. I'll be making more "A.T." dedications in coming weeks--but this one goes out to my husband. Hunny, sorry I can't check you in to assisted living for your birthday this year (his bday is 6/18!)....but you're one year closer!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I 'll be your Yhatzee partner! I am so for the assisted living thing too! What's not to like???

Laura said...

Holy crap, That stuff is funny! I went to the site and was laughing my butt off. Very cool.

Geo said...

Ha!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...