Thursday, June 14, 2007

Perfect Day

When the wind stops blowing in Livingston, it's time to get out and celebrate! Today it was 75-degrees and sunny and the wind was "7-10-mph." So I packed up the kiddies and we were off like a herd of turtles at 10am to play at Sacajawea Park and feed ducks at the Lagoon. Look! The water is like glass, and there are NO DUCKS or geese anywhere.
The girls were so excited!
James thought the ducks were so cool!


The girls were thrilled when they finally had some ducks to feed, although they enjoyed eating the popcorn, too... hmm...I really do wonder where the geese are. They practically mauled Addie when she was little and we could come feed them.


Bye, bye duckies!

PS: Looking at these photos, I was reminded of NC...it's so green and lush, it looks like we're down south. But I just wanted to add this exquisite piece of information: it's nothing like the south because there is almost NO HUMIDITY! And therefore few bugs and little sweat. YAY THAT! I think I was sweaty every second Ilived in North Carolina, even in the shower!

8 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Thats so fun! We tried to go to kiddie kandids today but they were overbooked so I took my own pictures. I am posting them on my blog right now. BTW yours are sooo much better but I am not a photographer like Rich!

shoeaddict said...

Your little kiddies are so cute. We always say that my uncle and aunt with their 4 kids (aged 6-14) head out like a "heard of turtles"- never heard anyone else say it! Funny!

Justine said...

My parents once had a summer place in Myrtle Beach, and all I remember about that place is that if you weren't in the pool, you were in the house. Those were the only two safe places to be in the summer.

SOOO glad I don't live there.

You've inspired me to take my kids somewhere fun to play in water. I'm outa here...

Saramajayne said...

jamie can you make my blog heading like yours?

shoeaddict said...

Jamie, thank you sooooo much for coming by my blog! I just read your comment. I've actually read your entire blog. The whole thing. And, crazy enough, most of Jills! Before you commented on mine.
I have been praying for your sister. I spend sleepless nights praying for just about everybody.
Come back and visit when you can.
Kristen

Carla said...

Yes, humidity has it's down side, but I must say that my hair has never been thicker or fuller than when I was in North Carolina! I long for that now that I'm nursing and it seems to be falling out at an alarming rate.

Jamie said...

CJ: My hair was wet-mop-like while I was there! I hear you on the hair loss...I've got about an inch of regrowth now...it's super dark and it looks like antennae right now! Love ya, sister...I got your birth announcement the other day--so cute! Congrats again!

Happy Gilmores said...

Just spent 3 days in Nashville and got back to Livingston today all sweaty from the heat and humidity. There is no other place with a better Summer than Livingston.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...