Monday, June 25, 2007

Soak Up Some Sun!

Last Thursday we had our first truly hot day (in the 90's ). I put the kids outside in their swimming suits to play in the sprinkler and invited Cousin Danny over. I cranked up the AC and cleaned my whole upstairs including floors and windows. We had a BLAST!Addie, Danny, & Heidi playing "beach" on the deck, eating carmel corn and invisible raspberry kool-aid...good times!
PS: A certain acquaintance of mine was wondering how I can be both a morning person AND a night person (I love to stay up til at least midnight and I hate sleeping in, and until recently, I hadn't slept past 7am in YEARS). The answer to that query is (cue trumpets)
SIESTA!
Yes! We live a siesta culture here at my house. We have long since left the desert heat, but as for me and my house, we will take a nap. My mother in law tells me stuff like, "She oughtta be outgrowing her nap by now," (WHAT?!?!?), and I think to myself, oh, no, it's in her genes--I took a nap until I was----um, almost 36. And even if we don't sleep, this place shuts down after lunch. From 2-4, it's "quiwt time." That's just how we roll. So viva la siesta!

7 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Please, tell me what is this invisable kool-aid???

Jamie said...

Invisible Kool Aid is available at the grocery store and it's nothing short of the best thing ever invented if you're the mom who is always cleaning up the snack/drink messes!It's all the same Kool Aid flavors with NO DYE! I stocked up because we like to make lots of different kids of homemade popsicles and sometimes I run out of real juice or fruit or yogurt and we do Kool Aid on the cheap! All of this begs the question of why they'd put all that STAINING DYE in a kids' drink in the first place, but at least they have mended their ways. My kids think it's a really fun surprise because it looks like water...:) Such fun.

shoeaddict said...

Thank you! I have no kids and no kool-aid. I have read stories about children "reacting" to dyes, especially red. Behavior reacting I mean... I will have to try and find it and send it to you.
Kristen

Jenn said...

Sounds like fun...and I would love the Siesta-kind-of-life...I can you teach me!!!

Jill Petersen said...

We have Siesta at my house also! Even if its an hour I have to have some quiet chill time. My kids know when 1 o'clock hits they have to read or watch a movie and be quiet! I on the other hand am not a morning person AT ALL! I wish I were because it would make my life a lot easier!

Aim said...

Morning is so under rated... i mean, i hate getting up early but on the days that i do i really like it. there is one thing that i love more then anything in the whole world... a nap on sunday!!! Siesta it up people, the state of California will be adopting it soon when the Mexicans take the house and the senate. i think the population is upwards of 55% Mexican... they must be taking back the old Mexico one state at a time.

Matt

Brooke said...

ooooooh. i need to enforce this siesta/quiet time of which you speak. sounds glorious!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...