Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hot in the City? Make This for Dinner...

Lisa arrived safely last night, right on schedule (about 11:30pm). The girls tried to wait up for her (we took a bubble bath adn did our nails and watched TV on my bed, but they crashed at about 11:15). As I type, each Melin kid is contentedly playing with the gifts she brought them--Hello Kitty scrapbooking kit for Addie, Calico Critters Playset, and a cute set of touch-n-feel cards for Wee Bub. Good times!

Anyway, we are busy today and I can't post recent pix just yet, but here is something DELICIOUS I made for dinner Tuesday night (courtsey of my favorite mag, Real Simple). It's good hot or cold--we ate it cold and LOVED it! It's my first experience with fresh tarragon--a unique taste, but definitely worth buying the fresh stuff in the produce section. Hope you try it and like it!Shredded chicken from rotisserie (I just used 4 breasts left over from grilling)
4 medium carrots, shredded
4 scallions cut on diagonal
1 TB fresh tarragon, chopped
Salt & Pepper
2 tsp dijon mustard
3 TB white wine vinegar
1/2 c EVOOil
3 TB Honey

2 Heads of radicchio
(I used green leaf and you could easily use Bib lettuce leaves)

Combine shredded chicken, carrots, scallions, and tarragon (I even added a cup of chopped celery for crunch).

In small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and honey. Slowly add oil, whisking til emulsified.

Spoon chicken mixture in to lettuce leaves and drizzle with dressing.

AND THEN ENJOY!!!!

(It tastes a lot like the Parisian Salad you can buty at Costco--so good, people! Even Rich filled up on it, and NO COOKING!) Stay cool! XO

5 comments:

Becky said...

Recipes ROCK- especially ones that don't heat up the house. Thx.

Jenn said...

Sounds yummy! I miss you! Come down and see me at Summerfest!! I'll be in the food court area.
We will have Frozen Choco Dipped Bananas, Strwaberries and chocolate, Apples and caramel and chocolate, Cotton Candy, lemonade and bottled water!!

shoeaddict said...

Can you tell me what terragon looks like? What does it taste like?

I love salads

Jamie said...

Tarragon is an herb, so it looks like a weed, with long narrow leaves. I bought mine in a box at the herb section of the produce section of the grocery store. I only used one stem for a big bowl of salad. It has a taste similar to anise (licorice), but it's mild and gives the salad a fresh taste. Kinda like throwing mint into a recipe...I'll bet there are lots of people who hate it.

chrissy said...

Wow Jamie, you're like a little Martha Stewart! How do you do everything you do???!!! With three kids, no less? :)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...