Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What A Day

First of all, Happy 10th Anniversary to Laura & Darrin! They are at the Comfort Inn and their boys are sleeping here.

Secondly, Happy Birthday to my dear friend, the the always clever, ever-darling Ms. Erin Casper over in England. I have a special post inside my head for you. I'll get it out later.

Thirdly, we now have tenants at our house! You heard me. Two Slovakian grad students (a couple--Zuzana & Peter) came here to work through September and their housing fell through. One of their employers is a friend in our ward and she begged us to consider renting out our guest room and bathroom to them for the summer. We met with them last night, made an agreement ($250/month--which made me think, by the way, Gram and Gramp, what I would owe you after living with you for 30 months--$7500), and they moved in tonight. I keep thinking how fun it will be when Brother and Sister Blatter get home from their mission to Slovenia/Croatia this month--Gramma Suzie, you'll have to come over LOTS!

So how crazy is THAT? We got a good feeling about it and I think it will turn out to be a blessing for all involved. Now, to bed so I can rest up for a WILD INDEPENDENCE DAY! Live it up, y'all (after you look at these pix):


A bucket-o-holiday cheer from my crafty friend Jenn

The vintage cowgirls on the guest bathroom wall

Oops, I need to rotate this, but it's for Jill! I got my soda in this cup at the mini mart the very day after I watched that silly old DP commerical on your blog! Better drink your DP at 10, 2 & 4!

We got the guest room all pretty for Aunt Marti and my sis Lisa to come visit, and now it's rented out and they will have to sleep in the nursery! (Which is almost as cute & comfy... )

Where Peter & Susana will sleep

The "Cowgirl Bathroom"- now rented out!

(Do you love the real live horse shoe from the ranch hanging above the toilet as if to wish you GOOD LUCK in your bathroom endeavors?)

Have a great Independence Day! I'll report back ASAP!

PS: There is a pattern for paper pinwheels here (click). Basically, you need double sided scrapbooking paper cut in a square, then you cut diagonally from the corners to the center, bend, and pin with a brad. BBQ skewers make great sticks and are really cheap!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Very cute pics. And what an adventure for you--I wish you the best of luck with the tenants. Speaking of luck, I heard that a horse shoe has to point up so as to "hold in" the luck?! And, are those pinwheels hand made? I love the paper--do you have a pattern?
Happy 4th! Love ya!

Jill Petersen said...

Thanks for the picture of the DP cup! Thats awesome! The room looks great! I am jealous of your decorating ability!

Laura said...

Hey James, Thanks for all the fun and a BIG FAT THANK YOU to you and rich for keeping the boys so we could have a night alone. We had a great time!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...