Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Back on Monday...

...I took these pictures of my kids. During James' morning snooze, I traced the girls with sidewalk chalk on the back patio, and they colored themselves in (except Heidi wanted me to make her face and hair--Addie did her own AND made a sunshine over them).Heidi & Addie posing with "Heidi & Addie"
Sweet Adeline coloring the sun
Addie shows off her big sun; Heidi eats uncooked Ramen (her favorite). Oh, and I think this is the first pic we have posted of her sassy new bob.
Heidi shows off her drawing and refuses to smile
A close up of the details Addie drew on her portrait.
...and we had so much fun, we woke up our sleepyhead (who also got a haircut)...
G'mornin', James Ole!


***
Also, later that night I had a movie date with Rich and we watched "Breach." It was very interesting--I remembered Hanssen's arrest but didn't understand the depth of his treason. Alos, I had heard the he was or once was LDS, but was relieved (is that wrong?) to find out he was a Catholic, a member of Opus Dei. I think Eric O'Neil had one of the scariest jobs in the world. No wonder he left the FBI to practice law! I think the FBI or CIA would be hard on a marriage--I am suprise so many folks there are married.
Anyway, I highly recommend the film and suggest you give a little listen to this interview with the REAL Eric O'Neil from NPR's "Fresh Air" show (I love that show--Terry Gross usually has great guests, but I don't like her as much as I like Robin Young on "Here & Now."). Also, here's some fun trivia: The day Hanssen was busted was the morning after our wedding: Sunday, Feb. 18, 2001. So while his life was unravelling in DC, ours was just beginning in CA--we were waking up at the La Jolla Marriott, getting some fabulous breakfast, heading to Escondido to return Rich's tux and enjoy the honeymoon. Hmmm.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes good times for us not so much for Hanssen.

Jill Petersen said...

That is the coolest sunshine EVER! Good job Addie!


Also, did you feel like Breach was slow moving? I wish they would have showed a bit more then just the relationship between Hanssen and the agent. Good movie though.

Jamie said...

I guess because I knew the story I didn't think Breach was too slow--just super suspenseful. I guess there were times when it was a little poky, but I thought it made everything more intense. That Palm Pilot scene is out of control! You should hear O'Neil describe it on that interview...so scary, so psycho.

shoeaddict said...

I love Heidi's hair! I have not seen the movie

Lisa said...

When we lived in Korea, Korean kids would buy packets of dry Ramen noodles on the way home from school and eat them like American kids eat potato chips. But before opening the bag, they would pound it to break up the noodles, then pour the dry flavor powder over them (spicey shrimp flavor was a fav) and just eat it out of the bag with their fingers. It's not bad, actually. :)

chrissy said...

Cute pics!

I saw Breach in the theater when it came out. I'm embarassed to admit this, but I hadn't ever heard of Hanssen. I was shocked that it was a true story! It was fascinating. I really liked the movie. I was so into it, that at the end I almost felt bad for Hanssen, until you remember how much damage he did. Does that make any sense? Anyways, I LOVED the movie and I highly recommend it!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...