Friday, August 10, 2007

Sad for us, Good for Him...

THIS news made me a a little sad this morning.

BUT...if I could plan MY last words, I hope they'd be a powerful as THIS.

Here's a thought for the day...

"Dr. Sidney Simon, a recognized authority on values realization, has provided an excellent definition of forgiveness as it applies to human relationships:
'Forgiveness is freeing up and putting to better use the energy once consumed by holding grudges, harboring resentments, and nursing unhealed wounds. It is rediscovering the strengths we always had and relocating our limitless capacity to understand and accept other people and ourselves.'
"Most of us need time to work through pain and loss. We can find all manner of reasons for postponing forgiveness. One of these reasons is waiting for the wrongdoers to repent before we forgive them. Yet such a delay causes us to forfeit the peace and happiness that could be ours."
-Elder Faust

Four days before I went into the MTC, I attended conference in the Assembly Hall where he was presiding. Afterward I went to shake his hand and told him I was on my way to the MTC, and he said, "I could tell." We talked about my choice to serve a mission and how I debated whether to go now or later with my husband and he said, "You should do both...but it's better to go now because you may not get the opportunity to go with your husband. And you'll be a better wife and mother if you go now." We talked about other things, but those words stuck in my mind. I have always love Elder Faust and will miss him.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, I'm a bit sad too!

Geo said...

I found out while at camp last week. It hit me hard. Our cabin "cheer" that night at the campfire was a minute of silent remembrance for President Faust.

Becky said...

My goodness, if I could go back to the MTC for just one day and rub shoulders with all of those general authorities "sigh".
This reminds me that I need to visit my grandpa. He is the same age as Pres. Faust.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...