Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lame

So Monday I went to the Doctor and the initial throat swab they did was clear of strep, so the doc diagnosed me with a "possible" sinus infection (was it the gallons of Mountain-Dew-colored slime coming from my nose that gave me away? Or the swollen ears? or the fact that my throat was so irritated I kept losing my voice?). He said he though I just had a viral cold, but in case I wasn't better when I woke up on Tuesday (huh?), he gave me a Z-pack prescription but told me to wait until Wednesday to fill it because he had a gut feeling I was getting better.

Um, no. I went ahead and filled the prescription and started taking it Tuesday. I was done on Thursday, and still sick as a dog until that night. Friday I felt much better and canned a bazillion pints (nah, just 38) of applesauce, when the nurse called.

"Um, we were just wondering if you were feeling any better?... (yes, a little) Because we got your throat culture back and it turns out you DID have strep...Oh, so it's a good thing you went ahead and took those antibiotics, huh?...well, call us if you're not well on, like, Monday...."

Dear Clinic,

THANKS, GUYS! I totally diagnosed AND medicated myself, but I appreciate you taking that $75 plus the $30 for the culture to tell me what I told you first!

Hugs-n-kisses,
JM

I'm off to nap before I have to work tonight. Ugh.

3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

K- I love your sarcasm in this post! I hate doctors! I can't believe you had strep the whole time! I'm glad your feeling better sis.

Jenn said...

Glad you are on the mend. We have to get together when ALL the kids go back to school...maybe a REAL lunch date out somewhere!!

Aim said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh Jamie I love you! What a great writer you are! Reminds Matt and I of Brian..."Heres some cannonball wound ointment!" .... "number one: do not stand directly infront of a cannon!.....how true that is."

hahaha, love you, hope you are feeling better!

love
amie

ps- I love that Brian Regan is on first name basis with our family. "Oh Brian says this!" or "Brian says that!" haha

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...