Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dawg Tard

I am super-tired! This is the end of my Day of Accomplishing Things. It began with putting clean sheets on the bed last night, a good night's sleep, a little Denise Austin yoga with the girls this morning, prayers and goddbyes to daddy, and yogurt parfaits for all of us for breakfast (fresh strawberry banana parfaits with vanilla yogurt--yum!).

Addie lost her "All About Me" book that she was going to give her new teacher, so I made new ones for her and Heidi to fill out today. We had "preschool time", which included a welcome song, a dance, a story from the Friend magazine which arrived Saturday, and we filled out and colored out books. I tried to help them memorize our address and phone number--Addie's got it, but Heidi doesn't because she has a hard time saying "six." On the page about what I want to be when I grow up, Heidi drew dinosaurs because she wants to be a "dig-upper." This is what she calls a paleontologist. It cracks me up!

So I put on some music for the girls and cleaned the kitchen with James. He went down for a nap and we had burritos for lunch with Daddy and shopped online for discount dance supplies for Addie's ballet class, and music theory and piano books so I can teach her at home (I know it's really hard to teach your own kids, but I'm poor and should put what little knowledge I have to work). Addie helped me make some visual aids for Primary and some games for family night bingo (game called "I Will"--all the squares say things the kids should be doing to make a happy family, like be kind, listen, help mom, say prayers, etc...) while Heidi was asleep, and then we ate dinner (pork chops, couscous, green salad and fruit salad), had FHE, and shared a banana split at Dairy Queen (where we saw Zuzana & Peter working).

After the kids went to bed, I put in three hours work on Primary music (while watching hurricane coverage on CNN--poor Mexico!) and just finished my latest post on Framanisco. Check it out.

So now it's technically Tuesday and I need a shower and some sleep. It should be nothin' but fun the rest of the week (before my babies go away to school--ugh!).

2 comments:

Aim said...

Hey Jaim, if you want, I get a discount at this one online site for dance supply stuff because I'm a teacher. It's the one I use and love it. Give me a call and I'll read you my code over the phone. I think it's like 10% off. Not much but it's something right?

All the pic updates are adorable! So exciting that school is about to start again. Are you going crazy? Or looking forward to it? Or both?

Come leave your memory on my page!

http://halabalou.blogspot.com/

love you!
amie

Becky said...

Meee Toooooooo. I'm a September girl, too! LOL.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...