Friday, August 10, 2007

Obscurity Knocks

Here's some Scottish fun for ya this stormy Friday. Back in 1990, we sure loved us some Trashcan Sinatras (Willy's an even bigger fan than I am). This song always cheers me up (even though the lyrics are depressing). So enjoy the vid, and then go make the most of one of your last weekends of summer (we will try to do the same, all though I am laid low with sore throat and hacking chest cough!).





Come on, sing along...

"Rubbing shoulders with the sheets till two
Looking at my watch and I'm half-past caring
In the lap of luxury it comes to mind
Is this headboard hard? Am I a lap behind?
But to face doom in a sock-stenched room all by myself
Is the kind of fate I never contemplate
Lots of people would cry though none spring to mind"

(click for more)

PS: The CHERRY ON TOP (best cover of this song EVER! do you agree? I'm in luv)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Okay, so I am perhaps the last person on earth to know this, but I just figured out that the lovely and everso-talented Miss Eddi Reader (former singer for Fairground Attraction, a band I loved) is the sister of Frank Reader, lead singer of Trashcan Sinatras. They grew up in the projects of Glasgow...hm. How I have gone 20 years without making the connection I will never know. I am so silly.

Lisa said...

It's so funny you just wrote that, because I clicked on Comments to write the PRECISE SAME COMMENT! I never knew either! :)

We're sharing the same brain today.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...