Thursday, September 13, 2007

Yellowstone: Day One

We didn't take a photo, but here is a picture of the North Entrance where we came in to Yellowstone Park, just 54 miles south of our house.Yellowstone North--
"For the benefit and enjoyment of the people"
Addie in Mammoth with the elk

Addie, Peter, Zuzana, and Heidi tour the terraces and hold their noses to avoid the sulfur-y steam blowing toward them
Mammoth Terraces
More Mammoth Terraces
This was my favorite place in Yellowstone when I was a little girl. Sadly, a lot of the beautiful waterfall-like areas of the terrace are dried up now.


Oops--I think this picture is from the Lower Geuser Basin on Day 2 (Sunday)--
it's Heidi , Zuzana, and Addie checking out the geysers.
We stopped near Tower Falls for a picnic.
Me, Heidi, & Zuzana at the picnic table.
We packed up and it was on to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone!

The falls and the canyon never stop taking my breath away!
James and I walk along the path to the lookout at the Canyon
Daddy and Heidi overlooking the canyon...yikes!

Heidi and Addie at the Lower Falls of the canyon.
The girls dancing with Zuzana at the canyon
Elk in a serene field along the Madison on the way to West Yellowstone, where we spent the night at the Yellowstone Lodge.

6 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

These are some freakin cool pictures. Promise you'll take ME there sometime?!

cody said...

Hey.. didn't u take me and ty there with grandpa Jim? its a pretty cool place. hope ur having fun.
much Love.

Jamie said...

Jill--any ol' time you come up and have $20, we're all over it! :)

Cody, yep, we sure did take you guys there back in 2002! In fact, we were remembering that trip when we were going back through the west entrance--I said, "Remember when we hid one of the boys in the back of the Subaru when we were going through this entrance back in 2002?" Yeah, that was a super fun trip, huh? You guys got to float the Madison River! I miss U Cody!

michaeledrews said...

Hey everyone I have started my first blog off my mission check it out: mdrews1985@blogspot.com I love you Jamie. You look so great.

Jamie said...

Michael, in 3D, I do not look so great, but I am working on it! :) And I added your new blog to my links list, so people can just click on your name to get to it! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Maj,

I recognized your N-Step backpack/stroller right away! We had one of those for six years, until one of the wheels broke off. Just a few months prior to that mishap, we had seen your blue version (ours was green and slightly different) at Burlington Coat Factory on clearance for $30 and I failed to take advantage of that sweet price. Within months it was discontinued, and, with no luck on Craig's List or E-bay, we were forced to buy a real baby backpack that had pads and was comfortable. That N-step one really digs into your shoulders, but it is in my view one of the most practical and clever strollers I've ever seen or purchased. We had people ask us about it every time we used it--literally. As for the pictures...dad-gum that's some serious water comin' down them falls.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...