Wednesday, November 28, 2007

For the Beauty of the Earth...

I have a ZILLION pictures to post and no time, but I couldn't wait any longer to post our beach pix. I have to hit the hay soon, but here's a look at what we did after Thanksgiving dinner...
We drove 90 miles out to Canon Beach on the Oregon Coast to play and watch the sun set (at like 4:40pm!!!) Here is our family at the Beach...
(our nephew, Gabriel was sleeping in the van)

I think this is my favorite picture of the day--my girls at sunset.
Addie collecting shells
James facing the sun set with the moon rising behind him
My cute boys

Me & my 15 chins, my hubby, and my darlin' son
Addie walking with her "kid-uncle" Marshall
Good night, sun...



"For the beauty of the earth
For the beauty of the skies
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise."

Beautiful ending to a beautiful day.
Hope y'all had a wonderful holiday!

PS: Yes, that IS the beach from Goonies, which was filmed in Astoria (30 miles north of Canon) and at Canon Beach! Good eye! I didn't even notice, but I haven't seen Goonies since I was 13! Laura, there is a 30% chance of snow on 12/7 and 0% on 12/8, so maybe you can caravan with Posties for safety, then go home in the clear! Both highways are pretty major, so I imagine they'll be clear. Anyway, thanks for all the comments--luv U guys!

7 comments:

Maggie Roe said...

The picture with the rocks behind the girls... is that the same scene from Goonies? It looks like the key hole picture in the treasure hunt.

Jenn said...

How funny that we both ended our days by being on the beach!!!
We need to chat! Lots going on around here!

Carpfam said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! The one of all of you would make a perfect Christmas card!!! I have this love for Oregon which is really funny because I have never really been there, just driven through. That just confirmed it for me Oregon is so pretty!!!! You guys look great!

Jill Petersen said...

LOve that song! Reminds me of Little Women! Thanks for the talk tonight!

Laura said...

OMG I said the same thing to Darrin..."Hey Darrin...Is that the same scean from Goonies?" Too funny. I love the pics and the one of the girls is so cute. You should use the one of the fam as your Christmas pic. Love you and I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that we can make it to your house for the cousin slumber party.

Geo said...

Aiee! I want to go back there!

AuntieM said...

I said it was the beach from goonies and I was not believed... Thanks for backing me up. So glad you had such a good trip. love you. MEM

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...