Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Nest Egg

Our new, super deluxe Fisher Price Nativity (it also includes two shepherds with lambs on a hill)--the star shines and plays "Away in a Manger" (and I wish it played "Far' Far Away on Judea's Plains", too, for the shepherds) !

I am still busy getting ready for Christmas and chillin' with my posse of short peeps. I have nothing really to say, but here's a Heidi funny for you:


At breakfast on Sunday, we were talking about why the angels were singing and why everyone was so happy that baby Jesus was born. Rich asked Addie what Jesus did after he was born, and she gave a pretty good answer---something like, "he grew up and learned things at the temple and helped people, and then he died and came back."


Rich filled in with some things that he taught, and that he was baptized and healed people and that all the things he did were to help us get back to Heavenly Father.


Heidi chimed in, through bites of cereal, "Yep, Baby Jesus got up out of his nest and he growed and growed and he did nice things to everybody!"


We almost choked on our food laughing so hard.


I guess that manger in our Nativity set does look like a nest....

7 comments:

Kelli said...

This is Jess, not Kelli, but I am too lazy to change the sign in. Tell my Heidi-Heidikins that we can't wait to come see her! She is hilarious. I about died reading the nest comment!

Lyndi said...

Heidi kills me!!! I love that girl!
My little elephant queen, I can't wait to hear what she says about the silver box from Santa. Take a picture of her face when she opens it, ok? Hey I love ya......the Christmas elf:)

Jill Petersen said...

That's so awesome! I love the little minds of 3 yr olds! Man I miss that girl! I sent you your package yesterday so hopefully it will be there tomorrow or Friday! Whooo Hoooo!

Jill Petersen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dscokween said...

i love your nativity! where did you get it and how much was it?

Jamie said...

Disco Julie...We have been eyeing those Fisher-Price Little People deluxe sets for years at fisherprice.com...but they're usually around $50-60. So we settled on the smaller set (just the manger, family, donkey, camel and wisemen, no music) for $20. Then one day we were cruising through Walmart, right before Thanksgiving, and there was a whole pallette of the deluxe set for $20 each!!! We bought six for gifts and I wish I had one more for you. They also had the Santa train for $15, which is half price, too, I think. Anyway, we love the Little People around here, so it was great for us. If you can't find one near you, write me back (jamiemelin@msn.com) and I'll keep an eye out! :)

Geo said...

I bet Mary made it as sweet as a nest.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...