Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back in Black...

...black fleece pants, that is, because even though we don't have snow, we've got a COLD 60mph wind!!! I'm cold!


We went to Utah last weekend (From 1/3-1/7) and got home last night. I didn't write about our trip last week because we were surprising Jill and Ally and I didn't want to ruin the surprise. But we went down and stayed Thurs & Friday nights at my brother Will's house in Herriman (and discovered the joys of the Wii, which is now on our Christmas list!)--we had a BALL with their funny kids and survived losing Heidi in the mall YET AGAIN. Friday evening we went and surprised Jill and had dinner with her and her in-laws (whom we love also), and then went back to Willy's house for a couple's Wii tourny.

Early Saturday morning we attended my sweet niece, Ally's baptism & brunch in Lehi, and later that day we transferred all our stuff over there so we could spend the other half of our weekend with the Petersens. Drew had planned a quadruple date for us--Will & Audrey, Dad & Matt (Amie wasn't able to come down from Montana), Jill & Drew, me & Rich, and right before the date I snuck in a matinee of Juno (--which I loved with all my heart and I am ordering the soundtrack PRONTO and anxiously waiting to buy the DVD!!!) Jill decided to join me and we both bawled and laughed so hard at the end!

Date night was fun (dinner at Good Wood and a stroll around IKEA) and church on Sunday in Lehi was sooo nice! I snuck into Primary to see how their chorister does the music and to keep an eye on Heidi on her first day of Sunbeams (she did great--such a funny little musical girl!). After church it was massive naptime followed by a yummy dinner of Kahlua Pork, rice, and steamed veggies (Rich and Drew made it). Dad Post and Matt came over, too, and we all had a really fun time visiting. That night we watched A Mighty Heart on DVD, which just broke my not-so-mighty heart and led me to shout (at least in my mind), "Brent, you are NOT--I repeat, NOT going to the middle east EVER!!! I will physically restrain you, homie! DON'T DO IT!!!! Use your Urdu from afar!" (they speak Urdu in that film, by the way, cuz the kidnappers are near Karachi).

Anyway, we had the most lovely time--the Posts and the Petersens were such kind and thoughtful hosts, (Shout out to Drew especially!) and it was most joyful to get the cousins together! When I get a minute, I will record some sweet details from the weekend about each of my nieces and nephews. I love those kids so much adn I had a reeeeeeally great time with them!

Meanwhile, I've got a couple of sweet kids here who need some lovin' so I am off to make Ad an afterschool snack and watch Spongebob with her while folding clothes...back to the grind...happily....:)

PS: It took us NINE hours to get home--a record, I think--because HEIDI IS POTTY TRAINED!!! She didn't pee in the car once, and only really had accidents on Friday! YAY! Oh, joy. Maybe we can get into a preschool now!

Also, be sure to check out pix form the weekend at Jill's blog! We were picture slackers!

8 comments:

AuntieM said...

I am so happy! Heidi girl you are amazing. You sure have some beautiful elephants. Way to go Jamie. Love youall! Auntie M

Lyndi said...

I wish I could have been there. I love you all so much, and the grandbuddies even more. I love to watch them together, each one of you guys has a mini-me, and it is DeJaVu for me to watch them play.
Yea!!!for Nanas' favorite Heidi!! I am so proud of you. Your elephants told me that you are a big girl now! Good Job!!

Brent said...

A Mighty Heart is a pretty good film. I am a fan. Look how cool I am, people. I speak Urdu! ha ha.

It was great to see you guys this weekend. Sorry I wasn't able to do the dinner/date thing. IKEA does sound heavenly. :D

Lisa said...

I have this premonition that I'm going to get called to Primary one of these days and I've already got it all figured out: I'm going to sneak into another ward's class every week, steal all their good ideas, and then take them back to my class. Beats preparing lessons myself! Sting said, "Every artist is a thief." I will be a Primary artist.

P.S. "bawled" not "balled."

P.P.S. Rock on, Heidi, with your potty-trained self!

dscokween said...

Hey there,

We really do need to meet up one of these trips! Maybe we will plan something soon :)

I saw this article in the desnews today and thought you might be interested in this cookbook
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695242364,00.html

It looks really functional.

dscokween said...

dang, I think I broke the link...well here's the title and info:

"The Essential Food Storage Cookbook" (Leatherwood Press, $16.95 by Girsberger and Peterson

shoeaddict said...

Hi! I was very pleased to see that you did this for Jill. I know how happy it made her and Ally and all of you.

THe pictures are adorable.

Lisa said...

I really liked this feedback from the movie "Juno:" http://www.finslippy.com/finslippy/2007/12/preferably-one.html

True, so true!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...